Superhero Paul on Batman

Timshel

This demonstrates what he thinks of anti-semitic nazis.

http://www.comicmix.com/news/2007/1...idate-ron-paul-picks-his-super-hero-favorite/

"My favorite comic book superhero is Baruch Wane, otherwise known as Batman, in The Batman Chronicles. "The Berlin Batman," #11 in the series by Paul Pope, details Batman's attempts to rescue the confiscated works of persecuted Austrian economist, Ludwig von Mises, from Nazi Party hands.

“Batman's assistant Robin writes in the memoirs, "[Mises] was an advocate of individual liberty, free speech, and free thinking... and so, should I add, the Berlin Batman." Batman, a Jew in hiding in Nazi Austria, was willing to risk his life for the sake of the promulgation of freedom, and I find this to be super-heroic."

They tend to be humor challenged and a bit too literal for metaphor.

I forget the author and title unfortunately but I recall one novel in which Abbie Hoffman was sent to purgatory for a hundred thousand year community service. His task was to teach Ayn Rand to have a sense of humor. Talk about your Sisyphean tasks . . . .

OK, guys, the government is destroying our revenue and stealing our money and using it to rape and pillage women. Does that sound good to you? HAHHAHAHAHAHA!

Guess what ROn Paul's son is named? Rand Paul.

Even as a Liberal, I thought it was funny:

batman-chronicles-11-pg18.jpg

Shit at first glance, the second frame looked like a rock being thrown at batman hiding behind something, now I see what it really is. Oh well.

This demonstrates what he thinks of anti-semitic nazis.

http://www.comicmix.com/news/2007/1...idate-ron-paul-picks-his-super-hero-favorite/

"My favorite comic book superhero is Baruch Wane, otherwise known as Batman, in The Batman Chronicles. "The Berlin Batman," #11 in the series by Paul Pope, details Batman's attempts to rescue the confiscated works of persecuted Austrian economist, Ludwig von Mises, from Nazi Party hands.

“Batman's assistant Robin writes in the memoirs, "[Mises] was an advocate of individual liberty, free speech, and free thinking... and so, should I add, the Berlin Batman." Batman, a Jew in hiding in Nazi Austria, was willing to risk his life for the sake of the promulgation of freedom, and I find this to be super-heroic."
Well that clears it all up. :rolleyes:

They are not hippy artists, with grand ideas of unrealistic utopia.
Did you know that the word Utopia literally translated means "Noplace"?

The author intended it to have a double meaning one was sardonic. Sir Thomas Moore surely had a sense of humor.

Back