Support for death penalty in US rapidly declining

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
TO 63%!!!!

http://newsblaze.com/story/20080424060415tsop.nb/newsblaze/WORLDNEW/World-News.html

The number of executions in the United States in 2007 dropped to its lowest number since 1994, in part due to legal challenges that cause many states to halt executions temporarily.

There were 42 executions in 2007, according to the Death Penalty Information Center, a Washington-based nonprofit organization that studies and provides analysis on capital punishment.

The nation's highest court placed a de facto moratorium on the death penalty by halting any scheduled executions while it reviewed the lethal injection process used by 34 states. Other states also suspended executions, waiting to see what the Supreme Court would decide.

In January 2008, the court heard the case of Baze v. Rees, in which two Kentucky inmates argued the combination of drugs used to administer lethal injections violated a prohibition on cruel and unusual punishment in the Eighth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

In an April 16 7-2 ruling, the court said this method of lethal injection does not violate the Constitution, clearing the way for executions to proceed.

"Simply because an execution method may result in pain, either by accident or as an inescapable consequence of death, does not establish the sort of 'objectively intolerable risk of harm' that qualifies as cruel and unusual," wrote Chief Justice John Roberts.

h2o

as i have said before, i oppose the death penalty because it is too lenient AND if a mistake has been made, then the error may be corrected

life in prison (release only after the person is no longer able to commit the crime of murder or what ever reason given) is worse punishment than death

h2o

as i have said before, i oppose the death penalty because it is too lenient AND if a mistake has been made, then the error may be corrected

life in prison (release only after the person is no longer able to commit the crime of murder or what ever reason given) is worse punishment than death

If the death penalty is too lenient then we can always go back to drawing and quartering.

Seriously, of all you people who attempt to sound tough while opposing the death penalty, if a life sentence is really more harsh than a death sentence, why is the death sentence given to the more serious offenders in all cases? And why do even they fight it all the time?

If the death penalty is too lenient then we can always go back to drawing and quartering.

Seriously, of all you people who attempt to sound tough while opposing the death penalty, if a life sentence is really more harsh than a death sentence, why is the death sentence given to the more serious offenders in all cases? And why do even they fight it all the time?

w

why do we cling to life as long as possible?

because we are afraid

but many people on death row - looking back, would change an early death to prolonged imprisonment

as for why is it given to more serious offenders? because they have no idea what it is really like in prison - the hopelessness of an endless number of days confined gets only worse with each year that passes

w

why do we cling to life as long as possible?

because we are afraid

but many people on death row - looking back, would change an early death to prolonged imprisonment

as for why is it given to more serious offenders? because they have no idea what it is really like in prison - the hopelessness of an endless number of days confined gets only worse with each year that passes

Then hang yourself.

Everyone says the death penalty is more expensive than life in prison where they are feed, clothed and given a shelter for 50 years. If this is true then fuck our government. How the hell does killing someone cost more than keeping them alive for half a century!

Everyone says the death penalty is more expensive than life in prison where they are feed, clothed and given a shelter for 50 years. If this is true then fuck our government. How the hell does killing someone cost more than keeping them alive for half a century!

Have you changed your mind again? I thought the death penalty was murder?

legal fees :(

See Watermark, you forgot my point I made to Firemedic227 in the abortion thread. He kept preaching that life always came first no matter what.No If's An's or But's! Then he told me he was for the death penalty. It made no sense to me. If life always comes first like in abortion and stem cell research then why does that all change when it comes to punishment? He made excuses and exceptions as to why it's ok to end life...just like pro-choicers. He completely contradicted his "Life always comes first" rule. he was a hypocrite and hasn't returned since.

It's the same with most liberals. They fight for the right of a woman to terminate the unborn, but they fight for the right to life for murderers and child molesters? It doesn't make sense to me. It's ok to kill an unborn baby but John Couey is crossing the line?! They cling to the technical definition of the fetus so they don't feel as bad.

I admit abortion is murder. I don't care. Sometimes, it's the more responsible thing to do.

legal fees :(

Legal fees? LEGAL FEES?! What the fuck kind of retarded government wastes more money on legal fees and court expenses and other bs, than feeding, clothing and providing a permanent home to someone for 50 years! This is why people hate the government! Fuck them!

Legal fees? LEGAL FEES?! What the fuck kind of retarded government wastes more money on legal fees and court expenses and other bs, than feeding, clothing and providing a permanent home to someone for 50 years! This is why people hate the government! Fuck them!

A good way to save money on legal fees would be to execute innocent people.

It's becoming less popular because people realise that innocent people get executed and that they could be next.

Lawyers do not come cheap.

TO 63%!!!!

http://newsblaze.com/story/20080424060415tsop.nb/newsblaze/WORLDNEW/World-News.html

The number of executions in the United States in 2007 dropped to its lowest number since 1994, in part due to legal challenges that cause many states to halt executions temporarily.

There were 42 executions in 2007, according to the Death Penalty Information Center, a Washington-based nonprofit organization that studies and provides analysis on capital punishment.

The nation's highest court placed a de facto moratorium on the death penalty by halting any scheduled executions while it reviewed the lethal injection process used by 34 states. Other states also suspended executions, waiting to see what the Supreme Court would decide.

In January 2008, the court heard the case of Baze v. Rees, in which two Kentucky inmates argued the combination of drugs used to administer lethal injections violated a prohibition on cruel and unusual punishment in the Eighth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

In an April 16 7-2 ruling, the court said this method of lethal injection does not violate the Constitution, clearing the way for executions to proceed.

"Simply because an execution method may result in pain, either by accident or as an inescapable consequence of death, does not establish the sort of 'objectively intolerable risk of harm' that qualifies as cruel and unusual," wrote Chief Justice John Roberts.

Doesn't matter what the polls say. We are a culture of death. And retribution. Few people are going to vote on this, as a single issue, and the death penalty sells as an electoral "law and order" issue. There's a reason Michael Dukkakkis was smeared as a pansy ass.

kr

justice is not cheap, would rather that a few innocent people get executed

Back