Targeting Rule in college football

cawacko

The rule is suppose to apply to leading with the crown of the helmet. This Georgia player got ejected from the game from this two arm shiver. Really? This is what football is coming to now?

10364936315_1745aba3eb_o.gif

The rule is suppose to apply to leading with the crown of the helmet. This Georgia player got ejected from the game from this two arm shiver. Really? This is what football is coming to now?

The game as we knew it is over. Get used to it.

You can thank left wingers

I have no problem with the targeting rule, as such. But what bothers me even more than the video above is when a ref calls targeting, and the replay shows it was a clean hit, the player gets to stay in the game but his team loses 15 yards. WTH?

I have no problem with the targeting rule, as such. But what bothers me even more than the video above is when a ref calls targeting, and the replay shows it was a clean hit, the player gets to stay in the game but his team loses 15 yards. WTH?

Hate what is happening? Thank a liberal

Roby at OSU got tossed for targeting for a solid hit with his shoulder pads on the opponents shoulder pad. Ya know what? It's a good call and a good rule. Safety first.

He hit the guy in the head. You, of all people, know as well as I do that safety rules only work when applied consistently. The game is changing. Conclusion safety is being taken seriously and this is what is required to change behavior.

The issue hear is that if you hit a defenseless opponent above the numbers you're going to get called for targeting. I don't have a problem with that.

Well, if a team loses today that absolutely deserves and has worked hard toward their own demise, it is Washington. We already knew that they have the worst special teams in football, but now they are just screwing up every possible way, like they are creating art. A defensive play divested on the pile preventing a punt play, and two plays later ASU has another 7 points.

how can you play football if you can't bang heads? ..well not heads, but pads to pads? they are SHOULDER PADS, they hit each other with them.

I'm all for safety, but look at the play -what the guy supposed to do? Not make the play? his momentum as he was rushing the passer and standing up..
there is no way he couldn't hit above the pads.

EDIT: now I see the head contact, but it's incidental contact

He hit the guy in the head. You, of all people, know as well as I do that safety rules only work when applied consistently. The game is changing. Conclusion safety is being taken seriously and this is what is required to change behavior.

I have no problem with as safety rule. But if the play is reviewed and it is found to NOT be targeting, they should not make it a 15 yard penalty for nothing.

Since this is a political board this must be Obama's fault!

Oh Ms. Bijou. It's quite obvious you are not a sports fan because every sports fan knows it's Bush's fault. More power to you in your future trolling. Keep on sister.

I have no problem with as safety rule. But if the play is reviewed and it is found to NOT be targeting, they should not make it a 15 yard penalty for nothing.

If they want to call a roughing the passer penalty for 15 yards on the OP I'm ok with that. But to eject the player? No.

Back