tax rebate

Don Quixote

cancer survivor
Contributor
what is a tax rebate - the politicians giving back part of what we pay in taxes

like most 'rebates' it is supposed to be something for nothing, but is really a fraud

The American Republic will endure until congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money Alexis de Tocqueville

what is a tax rebate - the politicians giving back part of what we pay in taxes

like most 'rebates' it is supposed to be something for nothing, but is really a fraud

The American Republic will endure until congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money Alexis de Tocqueville

The general logic is that by borrowing and stimulating the economy now, we won't go into depression, which would help everyone out in the future, and help us more easily pay off the debt. However, the congress should realize that Keynesianism is dead...

Proclaiming that Keynesianism is dead is required for membership in the republican party.

Simply stating it, doesn't make it true. Bush himself, in an amazing insight into his mind, said that the iraq war isn't hurting the economy. That is fact the iraq war is helping, because its creating jobs, and companies are producing equipment for the war. Whole industries have been created, and made profitable under the name of fighting "the war on terror".

Personally, I think the hundreds and hundreds of billion spent on Iraq and dubious "war on terror" business contracts, would have stimulated and been more beneficial to the economy if the government had spent that money on infrastructure, health care and green energy.

Simply stating it, doesn't make it true. Bush himself, in an amazing insight into his mind, said that the iraq war isn't hurting the economy. That is fact the iraq war is helping, because its creating jobs, and companies are producing equipment for the war. Whole industries have been created, and made profitable under the name of fighting "the war on terror".

Personally, I think the hundreds and hundreds of billion spent on Iraq and dubious "war on terror" business contracts, would have stimulated and been more beneficial to the economy if the government had spent that money on infrastructure, health care and green energy.

700 billion dollars of the economy was sent down the toilet. It's exactly like we paid a bunch of people to burn 700 billion worth of houses. How can that benefit the economy? It can't. War doesn't help the economy. War is waste.

It annoys me how pseudo-Keynesianists (Keynesianists who are even worse than normal ones because they don't even know what they're talking aobut) think that by wasting and throwing more stuff away we can create more. It defies all logic, but they will claim it to the ends of the Earths.

the last I heard the finiancial and housing meltdown had cost the global economy over 5 trillion....
This rebate thing is just a political bandaid that will just cause the oproblem to fester more in the long term.
No politicians in the USA seem to have the balls to do what is really needed.

Proclaiming that Keynesianism is dead is required for membership in the republican party.

Ha that or a degree in economics.

I'd love to see you try to take your "Spend our way of a depression" theories about economics and go try to sit in a class of serious students of economics. You would get laughed out of the classroom if you suggested that Keynesian theory remains a viable school of economic thought.

Back