TEA Party Rep a Deadbeat Dad?

zappasguitar

So much for their mantra of "personal responsibility"...when will TEA Party faithful step up and demand this "gentleman" take care of his?

Once again we see it's just lip service...spewing what they think the gullible want to hear.

One of the most uncompromising members of the Republican tea party, Congressman Joe Walsh (R-Ill.), has a personal problem he'd rather not discuss in public: his ex-wife is suing him for over $117,000 in unpaid child support.

While Walsh's lawyer denied that he owes anything near that amount thanks to a stint of unemployment before his surprising election to Congress, Laura Walsh's lawsuit pointed to a $35,000 loan he personally gave to his campaign, claiming that if he had enough for that, he had enough to help support their 9-year-old child.

“Joe has paid himself back at least $14,200 for the loans he gave himself," Laura's attorney wrote, according to The Chicago Sun-Times.

She also asked a judge to revoke his driver's license until he starts making payments. In prior attempts to have him pay-up, she's even gone so far as to ask a judge to garnish his wages.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/07/28/tea-party-rep-sued-for-over-117000-in-unpaid-child-support/

UPDATE:

A Chicago judge has ordered the tea party congressman branded a "deadbeat dad" by his critics to explain why he has not paid more than $100,00 in child support to his ex-wife over the past five years.

Cook County Circuit Judge Raul Vega on Wednesday issued a “rule to show cause” against Rep. Joe Walsh (R-IL), meaning the congressman has to argue why he should not be held in contempt for falling so far behind in child support.

Rep. Walsh and Laura Walsh divorced in 2002.

Lawyers for the Illinois Republican previously asked his ex-wife to provide extensive documentation, including records of her employment, salary, bank statements, tax returns and expense reports. After she failed to provide the documents, Walsh sought to have her sanctioned by the court.

Laura Walsh’s attorney called that request "harassment."

Members of Congress earn $174,000-a-year, placing them in the top 5 percent of salaried U.S. workers. Combined with their full health benefits, members of the House are compensated at a rate about 3.5 times higher than the average American.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/09/14/judge-rules-against-rep-joe-walsh-in-child-support-case/

So much for their mantra of "personal responsibility"...when will TEA Party faithful step up and demand this "gentleman" take care of his?

Once again we see it's just lip service...spewing what they think the gullible want to hear.

One of the most uncompromising members of the Republican tea party, Congressman Joe Walsh (R-Ill.), has a personal problem he'd rather not discuss in public: his ex-wife is suing him for over $117,000 in unpaid child support.

While Walsh's lawyer denied that he owes anything near that amount thanks to a stint of unemployment before his surprising election to Congress, Laura Walsh's lawsuit pointed to a $35,000 loan he personally gave to his campaign, claiming that if he had enough for that, he had enough to help support their 9-year-old child.

“Joe has paid himself back at least $14,200 for the loans he gave himself," Laura's attorney wrote, according to The Chicago Sun-Times.

She also asked a judge to revoke his driver's license until he starts making payments. In prior attempts to have him pay-up, she's even gone so far as to ask a judge to garnish his wages.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/07/28/tea-party-rep-sued-for-over-117000-in-unpaid-child-support/

UPDATE:

A Chicago judge has ordered the tea party congressman branded a "deadbeat dad" by his critics to explain why he has not paid more than $100,00 in child support to his ex-wife over the past five years.

Cook County Circuit Judge Raul Vega on Wednesday issued a “rule to show cause” against Rep. Joe Walsh (R-IL), meaning the congressman has to argue why he should not be held in contempt for falling so far behind in child support.

Rep. Walsh and Laura Walsh divorced in 2002.

Lawyers for the Illinois Republican previously asked his ex-wife to provide extensive documentation, including records of her employment, salary, bank statements, tax returns and expense reports. After she failed to provide the documents, Walsh sought to have her sanctioned by the court.

Laura Walsh’s attorney called that request "harassment."

Members of Congress earn $174,000-a-year, placing them in the top 5 percent of salaried U.S. workers. Combined with their full health benefits, members of the House are compensated at a rate about 3.5 times higher than the average American.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/09/14/judge-rules-against-rep-joe-walsh-in-child-support-case/

Lawrence O'Donnell put him on the hotseat, the other night, imploring other networks, programs and hosts to ban him from interviews.

Lawrence O'Donnell put him on the hotseat, the other night, imploring other networks, programs and hosts to ban him from interviews.

Isn't it odd that NO ONE from the Party of Personal Responsibility wants to discuss this guy?

I wonder why?

No Yurt stopping by to play his standard pissy semantic word games...

No webbway to blame this On Obama...

No Ice Cunt telling me how fat I am...

Isn't it odd that NO ONE from the Party of Personal Responsibility wants to discuss this guy?

I wonder why?

No Yurt stopping by to play his standard pissy semantic word games...

No webbway to blame this On Obama...

No Ice Cunt telling me how fat I am...

Proves they have no responsibility ( a condition they are fond of pointing out others lack), or credibility. Do as I say, not as I do. Obviously.

399px-Rep_Joe_Walsh.jpg

He's not Black, a Dem, or gay, so Webby had very little to work with here.

if this was a dem, zappa would have never creamed his pants over this and then made a thread about it.

true story.

there are "deadbeat" dads in every party. but zappygetard will only make a stink if it is not a dem.

if everything is true, this guy should pay. no excuses.

Do liberal Dems claim to be the "Moral Majority" and talk about owning "family values"?

Nope, which is why a Tea-orist deadbeat dad is hypocritical.

Sorta like Newt's philandering.

so democrats don't believe in family values or paying child support?

I don't know. Why don't you Google it and if you find anything, start your own thread instead of derailing this one, attention whore?

I don't know. Why don't you Google it and if you find anything, start your own thread instead of derailing this one, attention whore?

YOU brought the issue up dumb little troll, thus, if you want to call it derailment, YOU derailed the thread. LOL. why do you project and call others attention whore when you are the biggest attention on the internet?

YOU brought the issue up dumb little troll, thus, if you want to call it derailment, YOU derailed the thread. LOL. why do you project and call others attention whore when you are the biggest attention on the internet?

Really? Check the timestamps.

3:44 - Yurskin introduces "dems" into the thread, using his false equivalency schtick.
if this was a dem, zappa would have never creamed his pants over this and then made a thread about it. true story. There are "deadbeat" dads in every party. but zappygetard will only make a stink if it is not a dem.

3:46 - I remind Yurskin why Tea-orist deadbeat dads are more hypocritical than Dem deadbeat dads.

Do liberal Dems claim to be the "Moral Majority" and talk about owning "family values"? Nope, which is why a Tea-orist deadbeat dad is hypocritical. Sorta like Newt's philandering.

3:49 - Yurskin continues to derail the thread, which is about a Republican deadbeat.

4:03 - I remind Yurskin that this thread is about a Republican deadbeat, and advise him to start his own thread if he wants to talk about Dem deadbeats.

6:08 - Yurskin claims I am derailing the thread and claims I am trying to get attention.

Isn't he the one who posts on multiple boards (the ones that haven't banned him, anyway) and spams threads with off-topic BS?

Do liberal Dems claim to be the "Moral Majority" and talk about owning "family values"?

exhibit A that legion troll is a liar or an idiot

he brought up the subject first

:lol:

Of course they do, they just don't spend their time lording their supposed "moral superiority" over everyone else as Republicans like to do all the time.

Righties make sure to tell everyone that if they want a "return to traditional values" then people need to vote for them.

"Traditional values" is obviously code for the time when men could be misogynist pigs.

Yurtroll's reading and comprehension issues manifest themselves again.

if this was a dem, zappa would have never creamed his pants over this and then made a thread about it.

true story.

there are "deadbeat" dads in every party. but zappygetard will only make a stink if it is not a dem.

2 minutes later:

:lol:

Of course they do, they just don't spend their time lording their supposed "moral superiority" over everyone else as Republicans like to do all the time.

Righties make sure to tell everyone that if they want a "return to traditional values" then people need to vote for them.

"Traditional values" is obviously code for the time when men could be misogynist pigs.

this response is complete hackery and false. typical hyperbole crap from you.

Back