evince

Truthmatters
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25916299/

Justice Department indicts Sen. Ted Stevens
Alaska senator is up for re-election this year
Politics

NBC News
updated 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
WASHINGTON - U.S. officials say the Justice Department has indicted Alaska Senator Ted Stevens on charges related to a long-running investigation of business dealings in Alaska.

Stevens, who has served in the U.S. Senate for 40 years, is up for re-election this year, and Democrats view his seat as one of their top pick-up opportunities.

Good the guy appears to be to be guilty of a lot more than he is endicted for. Get the bum out and in prison where he belongs.

Politics

NBC News
WASHINGTON - U.S. officials say the Justice Department has indicted Alaska Senator Ted Stevens on charges related to a long-running investigation of business dealings in Alaska.

Stevens, who has served in the U.S. Senate for 40 years, is up for re-election this year, and Democrats view his seat as one of their top pick-up opportunities.

I don't care if Alaska goes Dem or whatever. This scumbag needs to be out, in jail is an excellent alternative. "Bridge to Nowhere", I hope leads him to prison.

Politics

NBC News

I was just about to post this. I actually moaned when I saw this. Like, sexually. I am becoming a deeply disturbed person.

Alaska will vote him into office, he will resign just after getting elected and sworn back in and the governor of Alaska, a Republican will appoint another one to take his place. My bet is groups NOT affliated with Stevens will begin running ads saying just that. Alaskan's are not going to elect a democrat. Least I don't see it happening

Alaska has not voted for a Democrat in fifty years. This is going to be like rep. Jefferson in New Orleans - no matter how corrupt he is, people just don't vote against the incumbent in a safe district.

Alaska will vote him into office, he will resign just after getting elected and sworn back in and the governor of Alaska, a Republican will appoint another one to take his place. My bet is groups NOT affliated with Stevens will begin running ads saying just that. Alaskan's are not going to elect a democrat. Least I don't see it happening

Actually, Stevens had been polling behind the Democratic candidate recently. The indictment can't help things:

08AKSenGESvBr600.png

Right wingers are such suckers for catch phrases :)

so easy to manipulate.

Actually I think it indicative that conservatives are for the indictment. Funny thing, 'Bridge to nowhere' was not a 'catch phrase' but a reality. If memory serves, Coburn another topic of discussion was the one that helped paid put to that attempt at huge pork. :rolleyes:

Actually I think it indicative that conservatives are for the indictment. Funny thing, 'Bridge to nowhere' was not a 'catch phrase' but a reality. If memory serves, Coburn another topic of discussion was the one that helped paid put to that attempt at huge pork. :rolleyes:

yeah well it is not a bridge to nowhere if you live on the island it is going to now is it ?

I recall in the 60's the republicans derided a new 4 lane highway into eastern KY as "the road to nowhere". It is now the main artery of eastern KY. And the Republicans have forgotten all about that road to nowhere rhetoric.
since a lot of their coal for their electricity and export out of state flows down that road.

Coburn tried to stop the Bridge to Nowhere but got voted down. Stevens threatened to quit if it happened. I hope he loses in the Republican primary and if he doesn't I don't care if he loses to the Democrat. Republicans need to clean house and he is at the top of the list.

yeah well it is not a bridge to nowhere if you live on the island it is going to now is it ?

I recall in the 60's the republicans derided a new 4 lane highway into eastern KY as "the road to nowhere". It is now the main artery of eastern KY. And the Republicans have forgotten all about that road to nowhere rhetoric.
since a lot of their coal for their electricity and export out of state flows down that road.

so then you had no problem with the proposed spending on the bridge?

so then you had no problem with the proposed spending on the bridge?

Not really considering how much oil we get from their state and plan on getting in the future. just figure out how to get it out of the oil money.

Infrastructure per capita investment always has been and always will be higher in Alaska.

Back