Temperment: McCain's Achilles' heel

Onceler

McCain has a few things working against him, just like Obama does. His age doesn't help. He doesn't have the support of many who make up the conservative base, including a few prominent evangelical leaders. The campaign against him, however, will focus on one aspect of his personality that is likely to be an effective fear-inducer for many voters:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24223304/

I don't think Obama will focus on this, but it will be hammered home by many of the other groups out there who will be advertising in the months ahead.

Suffalupagus is on the TeeVee Right now excusing him for it and interviewing people who work with him that say it is no longer a problem.

McCain has a few things working against him, just like Obama does. His age doesn't help. He doesn't have the support of many who make up the conservative base, including a few prominent evangelical leaders. The campaign against him, however, will focus on one aspect of his personality that is likely to be an effective fear-inducer for many voters:

I don't think Obama will focus on this, but it will be hammered home by many of the other groups out there who will be advertising in the months ahead.

I agree it will be an issue. People vote on the issues but also on character and if voters think his temper is to much a liability then it will affect him.

If he does not focus on it he is a fool. Find his triggers, set him off. Nuff said. I said this over on Desh's thread before I knew this one existed.

If he does not focus on it he is a fool. Find his triggers, set him off. Nuff said. I said this over on Desh's thread before I knew this one existed.

He'll focus on it if he has to. He's slamming Hillary over in PA right now as we speak. He ain't no angel and no one ever got to be President who was.

I wouldn't be supporting him if I didn't think he could handle himself against the Republican onslaught.

Of course, I am hoping he pulls a Repuke and lets the 527's do all the dirty work, gets on tv and when asked, sadly shakes his head and drawls "well, I don't agree with that, and i wish those kind of attacks on both sided would just stop, on both sides. did i mention on both sides?"

Though, I doubt Obama would then go inside and fall down laughing with Karl Rove. But you get the picture.

I don't think Obama will use it, nor do I think he has to. McCain will implode on his own. It isn't just his temperment that republicans will have to worry about. He has a penchant for saying stupid things like " We may be in Iraq for 100 years", "I don't know shit about the economy", and he'll repeat the same stupid shit again .. and again, as in his inability to distinguish Sunni's and Shia's .. which leads one to question his mental state of mind.

McCain will be easy

Additionally, the choices in direction for this country are too stark to believe the election will be decided on anyone's personal issues.

I don't think Obama will use it, nor do I think he has to. McCain will implode on his own. It isn't just his temperment that republicans will have to worry about. He has a penchant for saying stupid things like " We may be in Iraq for 100 years", "I don't know shit about the economy", and he'll repeat the same stupid shit again .. and again, as in his inability to distinguish Sunni's and Shia's .. which leads one to question his mental state of mind.

McCain will be easy

Additionally, the choices in direction for this country are too stark to believe the election will be decided on anyone's personal issues.
Of course he HAS to. If the dems want to win elections they really need to start mentoring their own Karl Rove's. This is a dirty business, getting elected. The republicans have shown no fear of going nasty and going there often. It has a history of success. I agree with Desh about letting 527's doing it, but NOT Moveon.org no one takes them serious. (seriously? Little help here Darla, which is it?)

Of course he HAS to. If the dems want to win elections they really need to start mentoring their own Karl Rove's. This is a dirty business, getting elected. The republicans have shown no fear of going nasty and going there often. It has a history of success. I agree with Desh about letting 527's doing it, but NOT Moveon.org no one takes them serious. (seriously? Little help here Darla, which is it?)

Seriously is fine.

But I wrote the post about the 527’s not Desh Soc.

Suffalupagus is on the TeeVee Right now excusing him for it and interviewing people who work with him that say it is no longer a problem.

Was just a youthful indescretion ? Yeah that sells good to gullible Republicans :)

Or play the sympathy card and call it post PTSD.

if voters think his temper is to much a liability then it will affect him.

Quite so.

Who will forget the incidents where he threw ashtrays, lamps etc. at his husband while the latter was governor and/or President? Or the times he snarled at the Secret Service detail, using profanity, calling them names when they didn't do what he thought their job was (carrying bags, chauffering him around) etc.?

You leftist extremists are right to be alarmed over such a temper. I'm surprised you haven't made a bigger deal ot of it, than you have.

Ummm, that WAS McCain, wasn't it? Or was it some other person who is now a major candidate for President in 2008?

You ARE worried about a potential President repeated instances of showing a temper years ago, aren't you?

Or are you just trying to tear down a Republican, as usual?

I disagree.

Where has Rove and his tactics taken his own party. Identity with the Republican Party is declining and continues to shrink AND few people really believe that Republicans will win the White House again or that they will even keep the same numbers in Congress.

Democrats have been weak, but not because they aren't Karl Rove, rather they have capitulated on critical policy issues and have not stood up for their base.

Additionally, I can't wait for republicans to roll out their "attack machine" because I believe that it will fail miserably. Sure, spme will always be swated by the stupid, but I believe most Americans recognize the dire straits this nation is in and won't be swayed.

If we haven't learned anything from the Bush Horror and the macinations of Rove, then we will deserve whatever comes our way.

I disagree.

Where has Rove and his tactics taken his own party. Identity with the Republican Party is declining and continues to shrink AND few people really believe that Republicans will win the White House again or that they will even keep the same numbers in Congress.

Democrats have been weak, but not because they aren't Karl Rove, rather they have capitulated on critical policy issues and have not stood up for their base.

Additionally, I can't wait for republicans to roll out their "attack machine" because I believe that it will fail miserably. Sure, spme will always be swated by the stupid, but I believe most Americans recognize the dire straits this nation is in and won't be swayed.

If we haven't learned anything from the Bush Horror and the macinations of Rove, then we will deserve whatever comes our way.

That’s a thoughtful view bac. Maybe I am wrong.

Quite so.

Who will forget the incidents where he threw ashtrays, lamps etc. at his husband while the latter was governor and/or President? Or the times he snarled at the Secret Service detail, using profanity, calling them names when they didn't do what he thought their job was (carrying bags, chauffering him around) etc.?

You leftist extremists are right to be alarmed over such a temper. I'm surprised you haven't made a bigger deal ot of it, than you have.

Ummm, that WAS McCain, wasn't it? Or was it some other person who is now a major candidate for President in 2008?

You ARE worried about a potential President repeated instances of showing a temper years ago, aren't you?

Or are you just trying to tear down a Republican, as usual?

Cawacko, are you gonna take that shit from this guy?
Listen pissant, Cawacko is one of your most esteemed leftist extremists, and he is about to tear you a new ass! So hold on!

That’s a thoughtful view bac. Maybe I am wrong.

Democrats don't need to be republicans, they need to reawaken the democratic fire of the past and take principled stands. They need to minimize the DLC and its impact on the party.

The DLC is why people like me are not democrats.

Republicans are on their way to becoming the Whigs .. thanks to Karl Rove.

Cawacko, are you gonna take that shit from this guy?
Listen pissant, Cawacko is one of your most esteemed leftist extremists, and he is about to tear you a new ass! So hold on!

LOL... i am too focused right now on my drinking. Was he talking to me?

Back