Term limits

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
I have opposed term limits before, mainly because I thought they were ineffective and reduced voter choice. However, honestly, I don't respect voter choice that much. I think voters are retarded.

Which leaves me with ineffectiveness.

I think that term limits would be much more effective if they limited people to a total time of POLITICAL service of either 12 or 16 years. That includes the leadership of major political parties. That would effectively eliminate most personality politics from effecting our politics for long periods of time.

It would leave identity politics in place, but I don't think that's a beast it's possible to slay.

If we pause, if we take time to reflect, if we wait to see how well our President does, we will, in all likelihood, lose the option of reelecting him in 2016.

The END2 movement is about making sure President Obama is reelected in 2016, it is about making sure the people have the right to make the best choice in 2016.

If we believe it is our current President, we should have the option of voting for him.

When Congress passed the Twenty-Second Amendment in 1947, they restricted our right to elect the President of our choice, but continued to allow themselves to be elected and re-elected with no limitations.

As was noted in this op-ed piece in the New York Times from January 5, 2006: "There was nothing in the original Constitution of 1787 that barred a third or fourth term for presidents. That was why Franklin Delano Roosevelt could run again in 1940 and 1944, becoming the only president to serve more than two terms. And that was why, three years later, in 1947, after sporadic public debate, Republicans demanded presidential term limits and changed the Constitution. ...

An Amendment to the United States Constitution isn't removed, rather it is invalidated by a subsequent amendment.

First, two-thirds of both houses of Congress must vote for the amendment. Three-fourths of the states (38 states) must then ratify the legislation. This means we must first focus our efforts on Congress, and then move our attention to the states.

To do this we need time.

It is urgent that we act now!

This plan would actually expand presidential term limits to 12 or 16 years, but even if the president were mayor of a small town in that time it would make it impossible to run for more. So Obama would already be discredited from running in 2012 if it were a 16 year limit. If it were a 12 year limit, he could have never run for president.

The problem with this is that it would mean that only superstar presidential candidates with lots of name recognition would dominate the scene. It maybe would be wise to, for instance, have a 12 year limit, but only count 1/3 of state or local service towards the limit (and they could serve to the end regardless), which would qualify Obama.

If we pause, if we take time to reflect, if we wait to see how well our President does, we will, in all likelihood, lose the option of reelecting him in 2016.

The END2 movement is about making sure President Obama is reelected in 2016, it is about making sure the people have the right to make the best choice in 2016.

If we believe it is our current President, we should have the option of voting for him.

When Congress passed the Twenty-Second Amendment in 1947, they restricted our right to elect the President of our choice, but continued to allow themselves to be elected and re-elected with no limitations.

As was noted in this op-ed piece in the New York Times from January 5, 2006: "There was nothing in the original Constitution of 1787 that barred a third or fourth term for presidents. That was why Franklin Delano Roosevelt could run again in 1940 and 1944, becoming the only president to serve more than two terms. And that was why, three years later, in 1947, after sporadic public debate, Republicans demanded presidential term limits and changed the Constitution. ...

An Amendment to the United States Constitution isn't removed, rather it is invalidated by a subsequent amendment.

First, two-thirds of both houses of Congress must vote for the amendment. Three-fourths of the states (38 states) must then ratify the legislation. This means we must first focus our efforts on Congress, and then move our attention to the states.

To do this we need time.

It is urgent that we act now!

Why are you so anxious? Because he sucks so bad.

Back