Tesla Cybertruck performing poorly off-road

T. A. Gardner

Thread Killer
Testing both official and unofficial of the Tesla Cybertruck has found that it is a poor off-road vehicle. The number one issue is simply it's weight. This increases ground pressure which in turn makes it work poorly on soft ground like sand, mud, or unstable soil. The next big problem is that electric motor torque in these situations is simply too much too fast causing slip rather than traction.

Why Does the Tesla Cybertruck Struggle so Much Off-Road?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/oth...ertruck-struggle-so-much-off-road/ar-AA1jwr58

Everything is pointing to it's too heavy, and too difficult to easily use off-road. Instead, it's looking like a porker and loser choice of an off-road vehicle.

Testing both official and unofficial of the Tesla Cybertruck has found that it is a poor off-road vehicle. The number one issue is simply it's weight. This increases ground pressure which in turn makes it work poorly on soft ground like sand, mud, or unstable soil. The next big problem is that electric motor torque in these situations is simply too much too fast causing slip rather than traction.

Why Does the Tesla Cybertruck Struggle so Much Off-Road?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/oth...ertruck-struggle-so-much-off-road/ar-AA1jwr58

Everything is pointing to it's too heavy, and too difficult to easily use off-road. Instead, it's looking like a porker and loser choice of an off-road vehicle.

This is why they built paved roads. I do not know many stupid or immature people that would pay over 50 grand for a family truck, and take it out to a mud pit for entertainment.

But the few idiots I have known to have spent a fortune to jack up their family pick up truck to where they could walk under it and play with the gas tank, with expensive over-sized wheels and mudgrip tires, so they can abuse their vehicle and use it as
a man toy to circumvent muddy trails for whatever stupid entertainment they get out of it- WERE NOT THE SMARTEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Let me just ask all of you- HAVE YOU EVER TAKEN YOUR EXPENSIVE CARS OUT AND USED THEM TO TRAVEL OFF-ROAD to go MUDDING in?

And, if you did- what in the fuck for?

Sorry, but I do not believe people are buying expensive electric FAMILY vehicles so that they can abuse them by taking them off road.

I mean that is some redneck shit right there! GROW THE FUCK UP!

ghows-LK-d3af6a09-8345-4a7b-8770-6d7bc21685aa-f27c0c40.jpeg

Last edited:
This is why they built paved roads. I do not know many stupid or immature people that would pay over 50 grand for a family truck, and take it out to a mud pit for entertainment.

But the few idiots I have known to have spent a fortune to jack up their family pick up truck to where they could walk under it and play with the gas tank, with expensive over-sized wheels and mudgrip tires, so they can abuse their vehicle and use it as
a man toy to circumvent muddy trails for whatever stupid entertainment they get out of it- WERE NOT THE SMARTEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Let me just ask all of you- HAVE YOU EVER TAKEN YOUR EXPENSIVE CARS OUT AND USED THEM TO TRAVEL OFF-ROAD to go MUDDING in?

Sorry, but I do not believe people are buying expensive electric FAMILY vehicles so that they can abuse them by taking them off road.

I've taken my trucks off-road many times. Used to drive down to Rocky Point Mexico and on the beaches there.

photo2jpg.jpg

The Nellie's Desert Bar up about 15 miles of not so good dirt road...

CleatorArizona.140509.1920x1080.jpg

The Cleator Yacht Club Arizona... More dirt road...

Same place in winter...

49310533_1212387795583120_4599537707725619200_n.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Arizona state highway 88...

The road into Cherry Creek AZ. Nice camping spot...

Arizona-Cherry-Creek-FR-Forest-Road-203-D50_5131-X2.jpg

So, yes, I take my truck a lot of places that are interesting and up often fucked up dirt roads into the middle of nowhere with no charging stations anywhere within 50 miles or more...

I've taken my trucks off-road many times. Used to drive down to Rocky Point Mexico and on the beaches there.

photo2jpg.jpg

The Nellie's Desert Bar up about 15 miles of not so good dirt road...

CleatorArizona.140509.1920x1080.jpg

The Cleator Yacht Club Arizona... More dirt road...

Same place in winter...

49310533_1212387795583120_4599537707725619200_n.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Arizona state highway 88...

The road into Cherry Creek AZ. Nice camping spot...

Arizona-Cherry-Creek-FR-Forest-Road-203-D50_5131-X2.jpg

So, yes, I take my truck a lot of places that are interesting and up often fucked up dirt roads into the middle of nowhere with no charging stations anywhere within 50 miles or more...

Sir, I would definitely meet your challenge to take any ELECTRIC TRUCK anywhere you have ever driven yours!

Now, I may modify it with some off-road tires, and jack it up, AS MOST PEOPLE DO WITH THEIR GAS MODEL TRUCKS, and perhaps install a wench, but I would make it off-road ready first!

Next!

Last edited:

Living under a rock like you do, you seem to have a very joyless life.

Sir, I would definitely meet your challenge to take any ELECTRIC TRUCK anywhere you have ever driven yours!

Now, I may modify it with some off-road tires, and jack it up, AS MOST PEOPLE DO WITH THEIR GAS MODEL TRUCKS, and perhaps install a wench, but I would make it off-road ready first!

Next!

Amateur...

Amateur...

Well, that was certainly the most lame response you could have come up with!

Sir, I have walked over 100's of miles of the Great Rocky Mountain Divide trail, and I have driven the entire Alpine Loop Scenic Byway! So, I am not exactly an expert, but certainly not just an amateur either!

alpine-loop-map-detail.jpg

Back