Texas Governor Abbott bans laws allowing water breaks during deadly heat wave...

QP!

Verified User
You cannot make this up folks.

1 mandatory 10 minute break each 4 hours, even during Texas style deadly heat waves is just too much. Companies should have the right to fire you if you try to take that break.

Texas governor signs bill rescinding water breaks as deadly heat grips state | Texas | The Guardian

...The measure, which will take effect later this year, will nullify ordinances enacted by Austin and Dallas that mandate 10-minute breaks for construction workers every four hours. It also prevents any other local governments from passing similar worker protections....

Can we all admit now that Republiclowns will always look for the most punitive and dangerous policies to implement, on behalf of corporations, when they get a chance to impose them?

The Repub party is a subsidiary of corporations and the wealthy. The idea that regulations are bad is what the wealthy are selling to the Repubs. Worker safety takes a back seat to profits. Let workers die if profits go up. Vacations? Maternity leave? Sick days? They should not exist.

The Repub party is a subsidiary of corporations and the wealthy. The idea that regulations are bad is what the wealthy are selling to the Repubs. Worker safety takes a back seat to profits. Let workers die if profits go up. Vacations? Maternity leave? Sick days? They should not exist.

You are describing a now dead America.

Are you really this ignorant?

1 mandatory 10 minute break each 4 hours, even during Texas style deadly heat waves is just too much. Companies should have the right to fire you if you try to take that break.

Can we all admit now that Republiclowns will always look for the most punitive and dangerous policies to implement, on behalf of corporations, when they get a chance to impose them?

What a little creep! Then he and his MAGA minions all bray the same mantras as to how this is "protecting" the integrity of the vote. GMAFB!

Red states are passing laws allowing kids to work graveyard shifts. So, yes, I believe it.

Construction workers do about two hours of work a day and they stand around for six

I don’t think this is an issue

You really hate just about everything that is America, right?

Blanket disdain for everyone who works in construction such that you would level such an accusation against them.

If what you say is true then a law clearly ONLY defining one break per 4 hours would benefit the employers.

Red states are passing laws allowing kids to work graveyard shifts. So, yes, I believe it.

yup.

Red State after red State are facing severe labor shortages as they increasingly ban the types of migrant labor they have relied on for many of the back breaking jobs most do not want to do. Farming and construction tops amongst them. A problem of their own making that they then look at and say 'lets change the laws to allow children to do these jobs'. Florida is just starting to pay this price.

Florida’s immigration crackdown exacerbates labor shortage

It depends. I would say that some warehouse jobs are more physically demanding.

I worked for a plumbing company constructing new apartments in the summer in Houston. We were on a concrete slab reflecting the heat. The iron pipes were connected with hemp ropes covered in lead so we also had a heater to melt the lead. It was hot.

I recently built a new house and the carpenters, tile layers, and others worked long hours 6 days a week. I could give many more examples but to claim construction workers only work 2 hours a day is not true.

All the law did was rescind the two city’s ordinances, giving the state, which has no such requirement, to take control. Nothing was actually banned.

He is just an absolute monster. He wouldn’t last an hour doing physical labor in this heat.

All the law did was rescind the two city’s ordinances, giving the state, which has no such requirement, to take control. Nothing was actually banned.

the reason you have such laws is so that people cannot fired for taking one 10 minute water break per 4 hours, if they have a boss with a deadline, who does not care if he works the people until they drop.

What he banned was the ability to pass any other such laws protecting that workers in that way.

You really hate just about everything that is America, right?

Blanket disdain for everyone who works in construction such that you would level such an accusation against them.

If what you say is true then a law clearly ONLY defining one break per 4 hours would benefit the employers.

hey fucktard, you spend your days crying about states that conservatives like to live in and laws they like to live under

talk about hating this country

derp derping around

hey fucktard, you spend your days crying about states that conservatives like to live in and laws they like to live under

talk about hating this country

derp derping around

No i do not and your lies won't make that true.

I am happy for conservatards to live as they want to their views as long as they are willing to let others do the same.

The problem is the republi'cans' have adopted a stance that on every issue, if they want to live one way or make certain choices they should seek to grab the power of government and force others to do the same. That has a name and is fascism.

Last edited:
Back