Texas lawmaker lobbies for 3rd graders to be trained to administer aid for gunshot

Guno צְבִי

We fight, We win
A Texas lawmaker has proposed a bill to ensure school children can administer emergency first aid.

Representative Barbara Gervin-Hawkins — who has proposed the law — has said that since the mass school shooting at Robb Elementary shooting in Uvalde that killed 19 fourth graders and two teachers, children should receive this training to save lives, according to CBS Austin.

Licensed counseling psychologist Dr. Christopher Hansen told the news outlet, "We have thousands of veterans, first responders, doctors, and nurses who do this professionally and are trained to deal with it. Obviously, they come up with a lot of problems, PTSD, anxiety, depressive disorders, etc. Why on earth would we do that to our children?"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/t...e&cvid=93cea1e50fce4f6b9154389dbc7441a4&ei=35

A Texas lawmaker has proposed a bill to ensure school children can administer emergency first aid.

Representative Barbara Gervin-Hawkins — who has proposed the law — has said that since the mass school shooting at Robb Elementary shooting in Uvalde that killed 19 fourth graders and two teachers, children should receive this training to save lives, according to CBS Austin.

Licensed counseling psychologist Dr. Christopher Hansen told the news outlet, "We have thousands of veterans, first responders, doctors, and nurses who do this professionally and are trained to deal with it. Obviously, they come up with a lot of problems, PTSD, anxiety, depressive disorders, etc. Why on earth would we do that to our children?"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/t...e&cvid=93cea1e50fce4f6b9154389dbc7441a4&ei=35
My kids started learning first aid when they were that age or younger. It's a valuable life skill, and important.

It’s the circumstances, surely, you are able to understand that.

They aren’t being prepped for school shootings and nowhere is this mentioned but a result of the training is that a kid may be able to help someone if it happens until adults arrive.

This is an excellent idea and I wish I would have been trained in basic first aid at that age.

They aren’t being prepped for school shootings and nowhere is this mentioned but a result of the training is that a kid may be able to help someone if it happens until adults arrive.

This is an excellent idea and I wish I would have been trained in basic first aid at that age.

Texas lawmaker lobbies for 3rd graders to be trained to administer aid for gunshot wounds in the event of a school
shooting

Fu2YlqLagAAFpgp.jpg

From the article:

Back