THANKS REPUBLICANS!

Gilchrest's moderate voting record resulted in vigorous primary challenges from Republicans who considered him a Republican in Name Only. However, none were successful until 2008. That year, State Senator Andrew Harris, State Senator E. J. Pipkin, Joe Arminio, and Robert Banks challenged Gilchrest in the 2008 Republican primary. Harris was strongly supported by the Club for Growth.

Harris defeated Gilchrest in the Republican primary, with Pipkin finishing third.[12][13] After Gilchrest's loss in the primary, he broke with his party and endorsed Queen Anne's County State's Attorney Frank Kratovil, the Democratic nominee, in the general election [14], being quoted as saying, "Let's see, the Republican Party, or my eternal soul?" and "Party loyalty, or integrity?" when questioned.[15]. On September 18, 2008, Gilchrest made radio comments praising the Democratic Presidential ticket of Barack Obama and Joe Biden, causing some media outlets to claim his endorsement of the Democratic ticket.[16] However, Gilchrest quickly clarified these comments, saying that they did not amount to an endorsement.[17] Despite the fact that he did not officially endorse Obama, in an October 2nd Washington Post article, Gilchrest sharply criticized his own party and their presidential nominee, fellow Vietnam veteran John McCain. Gilchrest said that the Republican party "has become more narrow, more self-serving, more centered around 'I want, I want, I want.'" and said that McCain "recites memorized pieces of information in a narrow way, whereas Barack Obama is constantly evaluating information, using his judgment. One guy just recites what's in front of him, and the other has initiative and reason and prudence and wisdom." [18]

[edit] Committee and caucus membership

* Committee on Natural Resources
o Subcommittee on Fisheries, Wildlife and Oceans
* Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
o Subcommittee on Coast Guard and Maritime Transportation
o Subcommittee on Railroads, Pipelines, and Hazardous Materials
o Subcommittee on Water Resources and Environment

* Chairman of the Chesapeake Bay Watershed Task Force
* Co-chair of the House Climate Change Caucus
* Chairman of the House Corps Reform Caucus
* Co-founder and Co-chair of the House Organic Caucus
* Co-founder and Co-chair of the House Dialogue Caucus

Ya Waterhead, this guy sounds like a real right wing extremist!

I say GREAT! I'd rather have a Democrat in that seat than a RINO!

Gilchrest's moderate voting record resulted in vigorous primary challenges from Republicans who considered him a Republican in Name Only. However, none were successful until 2008. That year, State Senator Andrew Harris, State Senator E. J. Pipkin, Joe Arminio, and Robert Banks challenged Gilchrest in the 2008 Republican primary. Harris was strongly supported by the Club for Growth.

Harris defeated Gilchrest in the Republican primary, with Pipkin finishing third.[12][13] After Gilchrest's loss in the primary, he broke with his party and endorsed Queen Anne's County State's Attorney Frank Kratovil, the Democratic nominee, in the general election [14], being quoted as saying, "Let's see, the Republican Party, or my eternal soul?" and "Party loyalty, or integrity?" when questioned.[15]. On September 18, 2008, Gilchrest made radio comments praising the Democratic Presidential ticket of Barack Obama and Joe Biden, causing some media outlets to claim his endorsement of the Democratic ticket.[16] However, Gilchrest quickly clarified these comments, saying that they did not amount to an endorsement.[17] Despite the fact that he did not officially endorse Obama, in an October 2nd Washington Post article, Gilchrest sharply criticized his own party and their presidential nominee, fellow Vietnam veteran John McCain. Gilchrest said that the Republican party "has become more narrow, more self-serving, more centered around 'I want, I want, I want.'" and said that McCain "recites memorized pieces of information in a narrow way, whereas Barack Obama is constantly evaluating information, using his judgment. One guy just recites what's in front of him, and the other has initiative and reason and prudence and wisdom." [18]

[edit] Committee and caucus membership

* Committee on Natural Resources
o Subcommittee on Fisheries, Wildlife and Oceans
* Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
o Subcommittee on Coast Guard and Maritime Transportation
o Subcommittee on Railroads, Pipelines, and Hazardous Materials
o Subcommittee on Water Resources and Environment

* Chairman of the Chesapeake Bay Watershed Task Force
* Co-chair of the House Climate Change Caucus
* Chairman of the House Corps Reform Caucus
* Co-founder and Co-chair of the House Organic Caucus
* Co-founder and Co-chair of the House Dialogue Caucus

Ya Waterhead, this guy sounds like a real right wing extremist!

I say GREAT! I'd rather have a Democrat in that seat than a RINO!

Harris was an extremist. Not Gilchrist.

I'd rather have a Democrat in the seat than a RINO (or any Republican, for that matter) also - I guess we've got something in common.

Republicans ousted the moderate Wayne Gilchrest because he was too much of a "liberal".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Gilchrest

THey ran a staunch anti-American conservative in his place, Andy Harris.

Now look at the new representative of Maryland's first district:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Kratovil

You guys are right! Getting rid of the moderates is the way to go! :cof1:

Hey WM, all joking aside PM me and I'll take care of you financially for how the conservatives ass raped you already.

No financial reimbursement will pay for all the damage they've done to my country.

Shit, my homeboys from high school in East Oakland have already filed suit for money. You better hurry up white cracker from Mississippi. You will have to pay WM cracker.

Back