That time of year again

leaningright

Moderate Republican
Staff member
2unvzuu.jpg

It starts today. My 2nd favorite Spring activity. A row of cabbage for sauerkraut, a row of onions and a row of potatoes.

Don't forget a few rows of corn to make mash...and this

3-Gal-Copper-Whiskey-Still-Moonshine-Still-_57.jpg

:)

Lol...I’ll leave that crop to,the neighbors. I could probably hook you up with some ... or at least I could have a few years ago. The old man died and I’m not sure if his boys carry on the family tradition or not.

That's some pretty decent looking topsoil there, pard.

Looks like it might be near a creek that floods occasionally.

What, if anything, do you do to replenish the nutrients in the soil?

That's some pretty decent looking topsoil there, pard.

Looks like it might be near a creek that floods occasionally.

What, if anything, do you do to replenish the nutrients in the soil?

10/20/10 or some variety thereof broadcast and tilled in during the winter months. Every two to three years I’ll get a couple truck loads of barnyard from one of my neighbors.

My dad grew up on a diet of cabbage, potatoes, turnip , parsnip, wild caught fish and sea birds.
He will be celebrating his 102nd birthday this summer.

10/20/10 or some variety thereof broadcast and tilled in during the winter months. Every two to three years I’ll get a couple truck loads of barnyard from one of my neighbors.

Sounds like a plan ... :)

please share a pic in about 90 days ... say mid-to-late June, 'k? Gardens look great/best around that time.

Tomatoes (I know you didn't ask, but) I recommend Cherokee Purple for luscious heirloom slicers & Sweet 100 for super-prolific cherry tommy-toes.

Back