The 100 years in Iraq comment

Of course a war supporter would love the comment. But referencing an opinion piece to support your own opinion is a clear sigh of a skewering.

Of course a war supporter would love the comment. But referencing an opinion piece to support your own opinion is a clear sigh of a skewering.

yes oh wise beef eater.... it is an op ed piece that details the ACTUAL quotes and the CONTEXT in which the quotes were used.

But for the braindead I suppose that just doesn't matter as it would get in the way of their lies and distortions. Right?

:rolleyes:

I don't want to mistate what Obama and Hillary have said but haven't they each stated they want to pull troops out of harms way, battle, but would still leave them (or some) over there either on the outskirts of the country or on bases etc.? So not a total 100% every American soldier out of Iraq?

If that is the case then what McCain said does not seem as far as off from Hillary or Obama as originally seem stated at first blush.

yes oh wise beef eater.... it is an op ed piece that details the ACTUAL quotes and the CONTEXT in which the quotes were used.

But for the braindead I suppose that just doesn't matter as it would get in the way of their lies and distortions. Right?

:rolleyes:

Well, I don't want our troops in Iraq for 100 years. We are running the worst foreign policy since Kennedy, and I don't want this old fool to try to compound our problems.

Even with this sugar coated context that you seem to be in love with, I don't want our guys out there forever. You do. That's the difference, and that's why I won't be voting for McCain, and why you have your lips securely fastened to his chocolate starfish.

Superfreak's Opinion piece: The key to McCain's "100 years" comment is his qualifier: "as long as Americans are not being injured or harmed or wounded or killed." It is this crucial component that distinguishes military successes from failures.

JOHN MCCAIN, Feb. 2008: "My friends, the war will be over soon, the war for all intents and purposes although the insurgency will go on for years and years and years. But it will be handled by the Iraqis, not by us, and then we decide what kind of security arrangement we want to have with the Iraqis."

SF, put down the gallon of kool aid, and step back away from the jug.

McCain admits the insurgency will go on for years, and years, and years, and years. Do you think those insurgents, who are virulently anti-american and anti-occupation, are not going to be shooting at us? That they're not going to be planting IEDs to blow us up? That, they'll simply be kind and courteous enough to leave our troops alone, and just go after iraqi police or rival tribes?

McCain is lying, and trying to spin a talking point that we can stay for a hundred years, "as long as americans aren't being killed". He knows that's a lie, because he says himself the insurgency will go on for years and years and years and years.......

I know you love this war Supertool. Just don't be so blatant about it, and try telling the truth.

Well, I don't want our troops in Iraq for 100 years. We are running the worst foreign policy since Kennedy, and I don't want this old fool to try to compound our problems.

Even with this sugar coated context that you seem to be in love with, I don't want our guys out there forever. You do. That's the difference, and that's why I won't be voting for McCain, and why you have your lips securely fastened to his chocolate starfish.

Right. Like McCain stated, and I agree, I could care less that our troops are still in Germany and IF things were as calm in Iraq as they are in Germany, THEN it wouldn't matter if our troops were in Iraq any more than it would that they are in Germany.

The bullshit spin comes from those who act like that comment somehow can be equated to we want our troops over there fighting for 100 years. Or over there for 100 years if the fighting continues.

SF, put down the gallon of kool aid, and step back away from the jug.

McCain admits the insurgency will go on for years, and years, and years, and years. Do you think those insurgents, who are virulently anti-american and anti-occupation, are not going to be shooting at us? That they're not going to be planting IEDs to blow us up? That, they'll simply be kind and courteous enough to leave our troops alone, and just go after iraqi police or rival tribes?

McCain is lying, and trying to spin a talking point that we can stay for a hundred years, "as long as americans aren't being killed". He knows that's a lie, because he says himself the insurgency will go on for years and years and years and years.......

I know you love this war Supertool. Just don't be so blatant about it, and try telling the truth.

Gumby....

It is idiotic spin like the above that is so funny. The only kool aid consumption is by those morons like you that continue to try to equate these two situations. Aren't you getting tired of stalking yet?

Right. Like McCain stated, and I agree, I could care less that our troops are still in Germany and IF things were as calm in Iraq as they are in Germany, THEN it wouldn't matter if our troops were in Iraq any more than it would that they are in Germany.

The bullshit spin comes from those who act like that comment somehow can be equated to we want our troops over there fighting for 100 years. Or over there for 100 years if the fighting continues.

Our troops SHOULDN'T still be in Germany or Korea, or in many other places. To use failed and unnecessary foreign policy decisions as precedent for justifying McCain's dumbass comment is a sure sign of a skewering.

Our troops SHOULDN'T still be in Germany or Korea, or in many other places. To use failed and unnecessary foreign policy decisions as precedent for justifying McCain's dumbass comment is a sure sign of a skewering.

Ok, if that is your position then that is something different. Saying our troops should not be stationed anywhere is different from those morons that continue to act like a base in Iraq would be any different than one in Germany.

But McCains comment remains accurate. The majority of this country would not care if the situations were the same in Iraq and Germany.

Yet we still have idiots like Gumby running around trying to pretend their fantasy world is still in existence...

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/opinion/20080302_One_Last_Thing__McCain_is_right_about_Iraq.html

Perhaps those morons out there who don't understand the context should read this article. It may help you to understand and discontinue spreading the partisan bullshit that Obama has not begun spouting off as well.

So I would take it then that you and I are also in agreement that Obama's statement at the Debate about re-invading Iraq was ALSO taken out of context and USED out of context by John McCain?

So I would take it then that you and I are also in agreement that Obama's statement at the Debate about re-invading Iraq was ALSO taken out of context and USED out of context by John McCain?

Yes, and I said as such on one of the threads on the subject.

Just as I said Michelle Obamas comments were blown out of proportion and severely mis-interpreted.

Yes, and I said as such on one of the threads on the subject.

Just as I said Michelle Obamas comments were blown out of proportion and severely mis-interpreted.

True, Captain Kabob does show signs of objectivity every blue moon.

Good article SF...

historical context is needed.
This from the man that wouldn't know context if it hit him between the eyes. Larry you were the one trying to sell the Obama "Iraq" question as one of "Obama doesn't know that Al Qaeda is in Iraq". My Hack-o-meter just pegged on this one.

If the US stays it means it is usually successful in its endeavors. When the US leaves, it almost always means failure.

Back