The Animals of Islam.

In Iraq, it is custom to give young boys guns for presents, so consequently you have a lot of armed rascals running around (occasionally freaking out a US troop or two), so I imagine that pets are quite an endangered species in the Arab world...

NP, the title of the other thread got me to thinking. Surely Islamic folks have pets...If so what pets do they tend to have...

We understand so little about Islamic people.

NP, the title of the other thread got me to thinking. Surely Islamic folks have pets...If so what pets do they tend to have...

Now that I can agree with....you do understand so very little about Islamic people....and so do almost all of your left wing friends....:hand::FootMouth:

Now that I can agree with....you do understand so very little about Islamic people....and so do almost all of your left wing friends....:hand::FootMouth:

You know only the chance of your birth location kept you from being an Isalmic extremeist.

Fair enough. I don't know much about pets in the Muslim world, but I do know that, as Yurt mentioned, they do consider dogs unclean and do not keep them as pets. Here is a link to an article about dogs in Islam: http://www.islamicconcern.com/dogs.asp

It's rather interesting as there seems to be something of a contradiction in some Muslim circles concerning the treatment of dogs.

Over at Islam Q&A, they say, "The animal that is kept should not be a dog, because Islam has forbidden keeping dogs except guard dogs and hunting dogs." As far as I can tell, this is the only animal that can not be kept as a pet. http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/124154

Well at least they don't eat dogs it would seem.

And angels won't enter a house with a dog in it?
Not sure I would want to hang out with angels.

Dogs can be good judges of character in humnas.

Besides that does not mean the dog cannot live outside?

Birds? what kind of pet is that?

Last edited:
Well at least they don't eat dogs it would seem.

And angels won't enter a house with a dog in it?
Not sure I would want to hang out with angels.

Dogs can be good judges of character in humnas.

Besides that does not mean the dog cannot live outside?

Birds? what kind of pet is that?

I'm with you, US, dogs are the best. I suppose my wife and I will be going to Islamic hell, our dogs sleep in the bed with us.

Back