The atheism of Donald J. Trumpf

Cypress

I rank the diseased Donald Trumpf at level #7, an atheist for who the meaning of life is to worship money and material possessions.
A generous person might rank him at level #6, weak agnostic, which I will not argue with..

Some scholars have argued that simply asking people whether or not they believe in God is not sufficient to really capture the attitudes people have toward the existence of a deity. Richard Dawkins came up with a seven-point scale to determine people’s beliefs with more precision:

1. Absolute certainty in God’s existence.

2. High degree of confidence in God’s existence, but with some doubt.

3. Leaning toward belief in God’s existence, but with less confidence.

4. Completely neutral—equal degree of probability that there is or is not a God.

5. Leaning toward rejection of the belief in God(s).

6. High degree of confidence that God does not exist, but with some doubt.

7. Absolute certainty in the nonexistence of God(s).

Simply asking people the yes/no question, “Do you believe in God,” makes it seem like there are only 1s and 7s out there. However, a majority may fall in categories 2 through 6.

Reasons to Study Religion
First, you cannot understand the world without understanding religion. Religion is one of the strongest motivators of human behavior. Consequences of religious ignorance can be serious. Religious ideas have produced some of the most extreme examples of good and evil in human history.

Another reason to study religion is to attain greater self-understanding. Religious traditions lead to questions that every one of us must think about if we are to live the examined life that is distinctly human: How should I live? What gives life meaning?

Source credit: Mark Berkson, PhD, professor of religious studies.

I rank the diseased Donald Trumpf at level #7, an atheist for who the meaning of life is to worship money and material possessions.
A generous person might rank him at level #6, weak agnostic, which I will not argue with..

I think he's more of a 4 in that he's an Apatheist. He probably never thought about the subject and doesn't care either way.

Back