The Candidates For 2008 Election

Annie

Not So Junior Member
A young guy that perceives himself a cross between MLK Jr. and JFK. He has issues with his father, as evidenced in his book about same. We won't even delve into what his close friends said he said as a schoolboy. He has issues with the United States, as both he and his wife have articulated. His pastor too, but well he's been thrown under the bus.

Then there is the not so young female. She has issues, not the least of which involves her husband. Did we mention he was once a president of the United States? We digress. She also has a daughter, that seems to have issues with her father, while being steadfast for her mother. But don't ask her any questions, hers is to speak, not answer. Yours is to hear, but not question.

Which brings up the really old guy. The 'maverick.' Just shut the f up and vote for him or he'll punch your teeth out. He's a war hero, seriously. He may have called his second wife a really bad word, or maybe not. For some reason if he did, I'd bet he's called the other candidates worse?

I'm pretty depressed at my choices, I envy those that are excited.

A young guy that perceives himself a cross between MLK Jr. and JFK. He has issues with his father, as evidenced in his book about same. We won't even delve into what his close friends said he said as a schoolboy. He has issues with the United States, as both he and his wife have articulated. His pastor too, but well he's been thrown under the bus.

Then there is the not so young female. She has issues, not the least of which involves her husband. Did we mention he was once a president of the United States? We digress. She also has a daughter, that seems to have issues with her father, while being steadfast for her mother. But don't ask her any questions, hers is to speak, not answer. Yours is to hear, but not question.

Which brings up the really old guy. The 'maverick.' Just shut the f up and vote for him or he'll punch your teeth out. He's a war hero, seriously. He may have called his second wife a really bad word, or maybe not. For some reason if he did, I'd bet he's called the other candidates worse?

I'm pretty depressed at my choices, I envy those that are excited.

We Americans really know how to pick em, don't we ? I mean we picked em , didn't we or were they just sorta pitched out there after they were vetted and had their pocketbooks examined ?

You were both so very wrong in your judgements about Bush that I am encouraged that you dont think much of Obama.

You have shown flawed judgement in the past.

Carter was elected the year I turned 5, it is the first Presidential election I remember. We rooted for the guy who won our state... I stayed up late and watched the results with my mother.

;)

Let's be a little optimistic here. These are the best candidates we've had in probably 20 or more years.

If you want someone who "speaks your language", the only way to get that would be to have a proportional parlimentary system. The problem with that is that you'd be just as likely to get what you wanted passed in this system as that, since there are so many ways to speak so many peoples language.

Damn............

Carter was elected the year I turned 5, it is the first Presidential election I remember. We rooted for the guy who won our state... I stayed up late and watched the results with my mother.

;)

You started out early in politics...me at this age, just went out to play and pull little girls pig tails...by the way were you eating 'Peanuts while watching the results..and was mom and dad drinking Billy Beer...?:cof1:

Back