The Chevron decision.

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
This extremist reactionary decision by SCOTUS will probably rank among Dredd Scott and Citizens United as one of the worst decisions ever by SCOTUS. Replacing qualified subject matter experts with reactionary activist Judges is going to do my but create chaos. Be careful what you wish for conservatives. You might get it good and hard as this completely idiotic decision is a sword that can cut both ways.

I’m sure lots of comedy will ensue as the wing nuts on here do all the illogical spinning they can imagine that this was not activist jurist creating laws and policy. LOL

This extremist reactionary decision by SCOTUS will probably rank among Dredd Scott and Citizens United as one of the worst decisions ever by SCOTUS. Replacing qualified subject matter experts with reactionary activist Judges is going to do my but create chaos. Be careful what you wish for conservatives. You might get it good and hard as this completely idiotic decision is a sword that can cut both ways.

I’m sure lots of comedy will ensue as the wing nuts on here do all the illogical spinning they can imagine that this was not activist jurist creating laws and policy. LOL
We treat the Supreme Court like a religious court in Iran making proclamations.

Without knowing anything about it I'm guessing that big oil etc. have been granted freedom to pollute ? How am I doing ?

What did the Supreme Court decide?​

The pair of cases — Loper Bright Enterprises v. Raimondo and Relentless, Inc. v. Department of Commerce — challenged a federal rule that requires the herring industry to cover the costs of observers on fishing boats.

In the decision released Friday, the Supreme Court struck down the rule, issued by the National Marine Fisheries Service, finding it to be overly burdensome. Lower courts had previously upheld the rule, finding it to be a reasonable interpretation of federal law.

The decision effectively overturns a long-standing precedent known as the Chevron doctrine.

What is the Chevron doctrine?​

The doctrine says that courts should defer to an agency’s interpretation of a law, as long as that interpretation is reasonable. It was established by the Supreme Court’s landmark 1984 ruling in Chevron U.S.A. v. Natural Resources Defense Council.

A link would be nice.

Chevron takeaways: Supreme Court ruling removes frequently used tool from federal regulators​

The Chevron decision essentially gave federal agencies the authority to issue rules to implement laws that weren’t clear. And that deference to the executive branch has enabled presidential administrations from both parties to use rulemaking to create policy, especially in times of deep partisan division in Washington.

Friday’s Supreme Court ruling means that the federal government could have a harder time defending those rules in federal court.

Potential impacts on the environment, public health​

The decision could set back efforts to reduce air and water pollution, restrict toxic chemicals or even take on new public health threats like COVID—19, environmental and public health advocates said.

Horowitz called the ruling “yet another blow to the EPA’s ability to tackle emerging problems like climate change.”

Apparently, you have little to ZERO understanding of the previous ruling or the current ruling. But you do have mindlessly parroting idiot narratives from MSNBC down to a science. :palm:

You could read a newspaper. Every consider informing yourself?
:lolup: Thinks he's informed.

boy-meets-world-laughing.gif

Chevron takeaways: Supreme Court ruling removes frequently used tool from federal regulators​

The Chevron decision essentially gave federal agencies the authority to issue rules to implement laws that weren’t clear. And that deference to the executive branch has enabled presidential administrations from both parties to use rulemaking to create policy, especially in times of deep partisan division in Washington.

Friday’s Supreme Court ruling means that the federal government could have a harder time defending those rules in federal court.

Indeed, rules like forcing fisherman to pay for the oversight the agencies forced on them. It's patently dumb, unconstitutional and overreach.

But leftist halfwits appear to love massive Government overreach, being lied to and gaslighted. :palm:

OMG!!!! They are limiting overreach by Government agencies interpreting our laws!!!
boy-meets-world-laughing.gif

Potential impacts on the environment, public health​

The decision could set back efforts to reduce air and water pollution, restrict toxic chemicals or even take on new public health threats like COVID—19, environmental and public health advocates said.

Horowitz called the ruling “yet another blow to the EPA’s ability to tackle emerging problems like climate change.”

MALARKY ALERT!!!

Back