The Dark Web

Tinkerpeach

First of all do you know what it is and secondly have you ever used it?

I won't tell you how to get to it but it's protected by encryption software meaning that anyone on there, supposedly, is anonymous.

Because of this there are many illegal websites but the majority of people who know about it use it so they can do what they are doing without being tracked.

This leads to all sorts of websites such as full video of traffic accidents or war crimes that the normal Google search won't give you. You can use it to communicate with your lover if you're married and don't want your spouse to know. You can look up things like how to dispose of a dead body or stock insider trading which actually happens a lot.

I don't suggest anyone actually use it if you don't know how to navigate it and if you aren't prepared for some of the content.

I was just curious if anyone here is familiar with it.

I won't tell you how to get to it but it's protected by encryption software meaning that anyone on there, supposedly, is anonymous.

Because of this there are many illegal websites but the majority of people who know about it use it so they can do what they are doing without being tracked.

This leads to all sorts of websites such as full video of traffic accidents or war crimes that the normal Google search won't give you. You can use it to communicate with your lover if you're married and don't want your spouse to know. You can look up things like how to dispose of a dead body or stock insider trading which actually happens a lot.

I don't suggest anyone actually use it if you don't know how to navigate it and if you aren't prepared for some of the content.

I know what it is, I know how to access it using actual internet addresses, but I haven't and to do so usefully I'd have to have those IP addresses.

Interesting fact:

The dark web was created by the CIA as a means for their spy networks to communicate with each other without being able to be tracked. In order to complicate it even further they purposefully released it to the public to increase traffic making it even harder for our enemies to track our spy communications.

!. Yes
2. Yes

it's protected by encryption software

No it's not. You can't use a DNS server to get there but it's not encrypted.

There's a lot of illegal shit that goes on there but you strike me as someone who doesn't know jack shit about it so why the bug up your ass about it?

!. Yes
2. Yes

No it's not. You can't use a DNS server to get there but it's not encrypted.

There's a lot of illegal shit that goes on there but you strike me as someone who doesn't know jack shit about it so why the bug up your ass about it?

There is no bug up my ass, I simply brought up a topic to discuss.

This is a discussion forum you know.

There is no bug up my ass, I simply brought up a topic to discuss.

This is a discussion forum you know.

I think you're full of shit. Why did you say the dark web is encrypted?

Come Lightbringer, surely there is no need for such language? As to whether or not the Dark Web is encrypted, I know little about it, though Wikipedia seems to suggest that it is, if only because of what some Dark Web users call the regular web. Here's a snippet from their introduction to the Dark Web:

The darknets which constitute the dark web include small, friend-to-friend networks, as well as large, popular networks such as Tor, Freenet, I2P, and Riffle operated by public organizations and individuals.[6] Users of the dark web refer to the regular web as Clearnet due to its unencrypted nature.[9]

Source:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_web

Back