The death knell for the GOP's hold on the military

Guno צְבִי

We fight, We win
The legacy of Ronald Reagan was once the crowning glory of the conservative movement, a movement that has now been displaced by Trump's MAGA cult. Reagan no longer has any cachet among the GOP rank and file, most of whom are uninterested in the ideology that once ruled the Republican Party. That ideology was best described by Reagan himself, who saw the conservative movement coalition as a three-legged stool with one leg representing traditional family values, another representing small government and the third representing a strong national defense; the idea being that the coalition could not stand without all three legs of the stool.
Trump never much liked Reagan. He thought he was too soft. Under the tutelage of sleaze monger Roger Stone, Trump took out a full-page ad back in 1987 to complain about Reagan's foreign policy, making the case that other countries weren't paying their fair share. No, Trump has not had a new idea in 40 years.

Once he became president, he became hostile to the military because they weren't like the heroes he'd seen in the movies, he was baffled by diplomacy as a tool to retain power and influence, he had no interest in the rest of the world except as a source of financial gain, and saw all threats, domestically and internationally as potentially subject to military violence if he didn't get his way. People around him had to work night and day to keep him from making a catastrophic mistake from either ignorance or impulse.

But I have to admit that I never thought I'd see the day that we'd see the Republican Party supporting Russia, denigrating the U.S. military and drawing up plans to start a war on the North American continent. Reagan's three-legged stool is now nothing more than firewood to burn down the Republican Party and take the country with it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...e?cvid=072d3b47d56547d2ab873262f8934417&ei=18

... Reagan no longer has any cachet among the GOP rank and file, most of whom are uninterested in the ideology that once ruled the Republican Party. That ideology was best described by Reagan himself, who saw the conservative movement coalition as a three-legged stool with one leg representing traditional family values, another representing small government and the third representing a strong national defense; the idea being that the coalition could not stand without all three legs of the stool....

...I have to admit that I never thought I'd see the day that we'd see the Republican Party supporting Russia, denigrating the U.S. military and drawing up plans to start a war on the North American continent. Reagan's three-legged stool is now nothing more than firewood to burn down the Republican Party and take the country with it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...e?cvid=072d3b47d56547d2ab873262f8934417&ei=18
Sad but true. Notice that all the MAGA veterans are oath-breakers who support overthrowing state and federal government and burning it to the ground then dissolving America's military and intelligence services.

Back