The Dream Act

americaneagle

I am a high school student...I know that there are some impacts on education, economy, taxation and military:), but I cannot figure out if there is any influences on the health care, national security, the amnesty idea, the minimum wages in various states, and it's effect on jobs..:(how could this bill affect so many aspects??:confused: Is there any alternative type of reform for immigration to protect our borders?

I am a high school student...I know that there are some impacts on education, economy, taxation and military:), but I cannot figure out if there is any influences on the health care, national security, the amnesty idea, the minimum wages in various states, and it's effect on jobs..:(how could this bill affect so many aspects??:confused: Is there any alternative type of reform for immigration to protect our borders?

Stop any and all welfare. (social services).

Secure the border.

On a more serious note...you will grow up in a new United States....a fractured country ....we've lost Texas and California completely and the entire south is becoming a country of new immigrants that have a new language, and new culture, and new allegances...the domination of the Northern European culture that built this country is fast becoming irrelevant....and there isn't anything that can be done about it....in 30 years, the old United States will be but a memory to the older generation that grew up in the late 70s and 80s ... You will live the change and probably won't even notice it happening around you.

On a more serious note...you will grow up in a new United States....a fractured country ....we've lost Texas and California completely and the entire south is becoming a country of new immigrants that have a new language, and new culture, and new allegances...the domination of the Northern European culture that built this country is fast becoming irrelevant....and there isn't anything that can be done about it....in 30 years, the old United States will be but a memory to the older generation that grew up in the late 70s and 80s ... You will live the change and probably won't even notice it happening around you.

Sounds plausible but would that change be so obvious if these immigrants only own a little percentage among the population?
and what impact can the Dream Act bring to the following: minimum wages in different states, health care, and the amnesty idea?

No one protected your borders when your nation was being built. Why protect now? You have plenty of room, you have or should have, plenty of opportunities.
Or, by 'immigration' do you mean 'some kinds of immigration'. Unless you are a native American I would guess your family are immigrants.
BTW, as a high school student you should be aware of singular and plural agreement. Impacts is plural.
Once again, as a high school student one should be aware of the ways that governments use language to manipulate. Someone has put the idea of controls into your 'black box'. Beware.

On a more serious note...you will grow up in a new United States....a fractured country ....we've lost Texas and California completely and the entire south is becoming a country of new immigrants that have a new language, and new culture, and new allegances.

Texas isn't lost yet.

No one protected your borders when your nation was being built. Why protect now? You have plenty of room, you have or should have, plenty of opportunities.

We didn't have welfare until recently.

Which does away with opportunities.

Sounds plausible but would that change be so obvious if these immigrants only own a little percentage among the population?
and what impact can the Dream Act bring to the following: minimum wages in different states, health care, and the amnesty idea?

The dream act says to those who are not American, "the citizens pockets are open. Come on in and we'll keep taking their money and give to you".

Secure the border, how? Do you see a wall like Berlin's? A wall like China's?

by stopping social welfare, do you mean to the children?

Actually securing the border is a bit lofty. But it is the constitutional duty of the federal government.

And yes, Stop all federal welfare. That's not constitutional, nor was it ever dreamed of being a part of the government.:)

“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”
—Thomas Jefferson

you can be wise by observing the biggots on this board and being aware that it not a bed of roses out there.

you can be wise by observing the biggots on this board and being aware that it not a bed of roses out there.

If the federal govt can take away your $ and give it to someone else, they can tell you, "you can't smoke pot".

Secure the border, how? Do you see a wall like Berlin's? A wall like China's?

by stopping social welfare, do you mean to the children?

I would say, more like China's.

No, we can help the children; but we'll just deport the illegal parents.

Back