The End of Wall Street's Boom

midcan5

'The End' by Michael Lewis December 2008 Issue

"The era that defined Wall Street is finally, officially over. Michael Lewis, who chronicled its excess in Liar’s Poker, returns to his old haunt to figure out what went wrong."

"To this day, the willingness of a Wall Street investment bank to pay me hundreds of thousands of dollars to dispense investment advice to grownups remains a mystery to me. I was 24 years old, with no experience of, or particular interest in, guessing which stocks and bonds would rise and which would fall. The essential function of Wall Street is to allocate capital—to decide who should get it and who should not. Believe me when I tell you that I hadn’t the first clue....

I thought I was writing a period piece about the 1980s in America. Not for a moment did I suspect that the financial 1980s would last two full decades longer or that the difference in degree between Wall Street and ordinary life would swell into a difference in kind. I expected readers of the future to be outraged that back in 1986, the C.E.O. of Salomon Brothers, John Gutfreund, was paid $3.1 million; I expected them to gape in horror when I reported that one of our traders, Howie Rubin, had moved to Merrill Lynch, where he lost $250 million; I assumed they’d be shocked to learn that a Wall Street C.E.O. had only the vaguest idea of the risks his traders were running. What I didn’t expect was that any future reader would look on my experience and say, “How quaint.”"

http://www.portfolio.com/news-marke...folio/2008/11/11/The-End-of-Wall-Streets-Boom

Wall Street and the plutocracy OWN American government .. and they OWN both political parties .. and they OWN Barack Obama.

If Wall Street goes down, they're taking America with them.

In fact, they've ensured that americans will forever be dependant on the wall street controlled corporate resource supply matrix.

Zoning laws will guarantee no significant production can even occur outside an illuminati bank controlled entity.

In fact, they've ensured that americans will forever be dependant on the wall street controlled corporate resource supply matrix.

Zoning laws will guarantee no significant production can even occur outside an illuminati bank controlled entity.

Absolutely .. and I'm sure that have great fun watching democrats and republicans peck away at each other like chickens while they rob America blind.

The world is run by a secret committee, it controls information so any information is considered information that hides the controlling committee. Controlling information is then unknown to all except the controllers. There are currently few controllers in the committee, I cannot give the exact number because that would be information that only the controllers know. So far, for a number of years, again I cannot be specific, the controlling has worked because when you do not know what the controlling committee wants you to know then what you know can not be really known because knowing what the committee wants is unknown and what you know is not what the controlling committee knows. This not knowing works well.

Hey midcan, does that paper have a point? What is it's point? What is your point?

Form your thesis into a sentence and write it down and post it.

Back