The Fate of Our Universe - This BLOWS ME AWAY

BRUTALITOPS

on indefiniate mod break
Contributor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ImvlS8PLIo#t=50m55s

I highly recommend you guys watch this whole thing if you are interested in cosmology etc. However this specific part I just thought was cool. Watch from about 50-53 minutes.

In it, he basically summarizes that eventually, all galaxies will have expanded so far away, that they will be undetectable, and that there will be no evidence of the big bang. scientists of the far far future will be able to discover quantum mechanics, evolution, the theory of relativity, but will never EVER be able to understand the full picture of our universe, as all they will see is their own galaxy, and eternal empty blackness

In the future, falsifiable science will produce the wrong answer

/inb4 dixie talking about how science will ultimately fail etc etc

I don't recall every saying science would ultimately fail. I don't think science succeeds or fails, it just is.

I have stated that science is wholly incomplete knowledge. It is based on what we currently know and understand, and not on things we don't know or understand. Things thought to be "scientifically impossible" now, because we have incomplete knowledge, may one day be very sound from a science standpoint, and we have no way to predict this. We simply don't know everything, we just act like we do!

I highly recommend you guys watch this whole thing if you are interested in cosmology etc. However this specific part I just thought was cool. Watch from about 50-53 minutes.

In it, he basically summarizes that eventually, all galaxies will have expanded so far away, that they will be undetectable, and that there will be no evidence of the big bang. scientists of the far far future will be able to discover quantum mechanics, evolution, the theory of relativity, but will never EVER be able to understand the full picture of our universe, as all they will see is their own galaxy, and eternal empty blackness

1. A big crunch might happen instead.

2. A big rip also might happen instead.

3. If the big freeze happens then humans would have no plausible fuel to sustain themselves and would eventually all die, so the falsifiability of science would be the least of our concerns.

big crunch is very unlikely, gravity is too weak and matter will be too far apart. Not sure how dark matter factors into the gravity equation but that's why you are mr leet astrofag and im not *shrug*

big rip i see as more plausible.

and what he/i was referring to was the future, not the end of time. I agree that far enough into the future life will no longer be sustainable. He actually talks about that in the vid too.

The big crunch has mostly been ruled out by observations that occurred about a decade ago. But I just like to mention it to make you feel inferior.

big rip i see as more plausible.

and what he/i was referring to was the future, not the end of time. I agree that far enough into the future life will no longer be sustainable. He actually talks about that in the vid too.

Well under the big freeze there is no end to time. There's just an end to meaningful existence. After about 10e100 years from now the only thing in the universe is going to be particle/antiparticle pairs rotating around each other in a space the size of a galaxy. After 10e120 there will be no meaningful interaction between particles, besides maybe them implausibly running into each other in a vast space.

I assume you're talking about the time around 10e30 (?) when other galaxies will be redshifted so far that not even radio waves from them can reach us. Which would suck. Unless we had leet-holes to travel through.

I assume you're talking about the time around 10e30 (?) when other galaxies will be redshifted so far that not even radio waves from them can reach us. Which would suck. Unless we had leet-holes to travel through.

yes. I think that will be one of the most interesting times. Because life will still be sustainable, scientists will still be able to observe space and other stars in our galaxy, they will know about evolution, quantum mechanics, etc etc but their best possible science will never let them see past the blackness of space. The smartest scientists in the galaxy billions of years in the future will just think that their galaxy is the only galaxy in existence

I wish my math skills were such that I could really understand all this. I am sure they were at one point in my early life but i was bored by math. Now I am intrigued by cosmology but can't understand the math.

I wish my math skills were such that I could really understand all this. I am sure they were at one point in my early life but i was bored by math. Now I am intrigued by cosmology but can't understand the math.

The Earth was created about 6000 years ago. That is all you need to know. Just ask Ditzie

Back