The first step towards real thought police...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,426485,00.html

Homeland Security Detects Terrorist Threats by Reading Your Mind

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

By Allison Barrie

Baggage searches are SOOOOOO early-21st century. Homeland Security is now testing the next generation of security screening — a body scanner that can read your mind.

Most preventive screening looks for explosives or metals that pose a threat. But a new system called MALINTENT turns the old school approach on its head. This Orwellian-sounding machine detects the person — not the device — set to wreak havoc and terror.

MALINTENT, the brainchild of the cutting-edge Human Factors division in Homeland Security's directorate for Science and Technology, searches your body for non-verbal cues that predict whether you mean harm to your fellow passengers.

More at link...

Oh goody goody goody, I bet this thing has been put to the test and is just flawless. What if I am mad at my wife? What if I am flying somewhere to kill someone else. What if I just have really bad gas

what if we don't overreact at first and learn more about it before we cry like little bitches.
Because there is no such thing as a mind reading machine. I want to see the controls that show people who have these certain non-verbal cues can ONLY be thinking bad thoughts. This is the same bullshit as the FBI VICAP. There has NEVER been a control group done for the VICAP. They have ONLY ever questioned people convicted of crimes and cannot tell us how many people in the general population possess the same psychological indicators and DON'T commit crimes. It is voodoo. Voodoo which will give quasi law enforcement the right to fuck with people. But what the hell, if it makes us safer lets go ahead and let them search us and detain us anyway.

Because there is no such thing as a mind reading machine. I want to see the controls that show people who have these certain non-verbal cues can ONLY be thinking bad thoughts. This is the same bullshit as the FBI VICAP. There has NEVER been a control group done for the VICAP. They have ONLY ever questioned people convicted of crimes and cannot tell us how many people in the general population possess the same psychological indicators and DON'T commit crimes. It is voodoo. Voodoo which will give quasi law enforcement the right to fuck with people. But what the hell, if it makes us safer lets go ahead and let them search us and detain us anyway.

And they know the machines aren't fullproof. But they are getting better every day. It's not like they're going to read someone and then put them in prison for the rest of their life. If they see someone with the signs, they simply pull them over and check to see if they have a gun on them. I know you want planes full of guns but sane people don't.

My question would be how to verify what the machine reads or what would you need to do to convince the authorities that you were not intending harm to your fellow passengers.

If I have something that causes the metal detector to go off, they keep looking until they find it.

If the drug or bomb sniffers key on me, I am searched until they find something or they find nothing.

But nonverbal cues? How do I prove that the machine made a mistake?

My question would be how to verify what the machine reads or what would you need to do to convince the authorities that you were not intending harm to your fellow passengers.

If I have something that causes the metal detector to go off, they keep looking until they find it.

If the drug or bomb sniffers key on me, I am searched until they find something or they find nothing.

But nonverbal cues? How do I prove that the machine made a mistake?

By not having a weapon?

Back