The GOP and the middle class

and you think the democrats will not raise taxes?
I think you miss the point here. It's who they are raising taxes on and who they are not raising taxes on. If the GOP would, in addition, recommend elimination of certain business tax loopholes they would have some credibility but these are all tax loopholes that are popular with the middle class.

I think you miss the point here. It's who they are raising taxes on and who they are not raising taxes on. If the GOP would, in addition, recommend elimination of certain business tax loopholes they would have some credibility but these are all tax loopholes that are popular with the middle class.
i'm seeing beyond the point in the public. anyone who thinks that the dems will not touch incomes under 250k is not paying attention to the real world.

i'm seeing beyond the point in the public. anyone who thinks that the dems will not touch incomes under 250k is not paying attention to the real world.
I'm not suggesting other wise. The pain should be shared by all but it needs to be done and it needs to be as fair and equitable as possible. The GOP wants to pay for debt reduction on the middle classes back. That's not fair or equitable.

OK, other then their "What's good for us is what is good for you" philosophy is there anyone out there who can read this and tell me with a straight face that the GOP is looking out for the best economic interest of the middle class?

http://news.yahoo.com/gop-debt-plan-hit-popular-tax-breaks-190119224.html

/read it....../raises hand....

Taxpayers who already take the standard deduction instead of itemizing — about two-thirds of filers — could see tax cuts

most of the middle class......

Back