The "Gotcha game".....

NOVA

U. S. NAVY Veteran
How the GOTCHA SPIN WORKS

ABC News' Teddy Davis, Arnab Datta, and Rigel Anderson Report: During an interview with CBS News' Katie Couric which aired Thursday evening, Sarah Palin called Barack Obama "beyond naïve" for wanting to talk "without preconditions" to rogue leaders.

"I think, with Ahmadinejad, personally, he is not one to negotiate with," said Palin, referring to Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. "You can't just sit down with him with no preconditions being met."

"Barack Obama is so off base in his proclamation that he would meet with some of these leaders around our world who would seek to destroy America and that, and without preconditions being met," she continued. "That's beyond naïve. And it's beyond bad judgment."

Asked if she considers former Republican Secretary of State Henry Kissinger to be "naïve" for supporting talks without preconditions, Palin said, "I've never heard Henry Kissinger say, 'Yeah, I'll meet with these leaders without preconditions being met.'"

Palin was overlooking that Kissinger (with whom she met earlier this week) has backed negotiating directly with Iran over its nuclear program and other bilateral issues -- a point which Couric reconfirmed at the closer of her interview.

"Incidentally," said Couric, "we confirmed Henry Kissinger's position following our interview, he told us he supports talks if not with Ahmadinejad, than with high-level Iranian officials without preconditions."

----------------------------------
So the operative words here seem to be WITHOUT PRECONDITIONS..........

This is what Kissinger said....

"One should be prepared to negotiate, and I think we should be prepared to negotiate about Iran," Kissinger, who brokered the end of the 1973 Yom Kippur war and peace talks with the North Vietnamese, said in an interview with Bloomberg Television. Asked whether he meant the U.S. should hold direct talks, Kissinger, 84, responded: "Yes, I think we should."
------------

No where does Henry say the phase "without preconditions"
Does that matter to the gotcha left wingers....?

Yeah the "gotcha" is without preconditions.

Interesting that you would kill your own argument so completely.

Wow you are an idiot. ABC news said they confirmed Kissingers position....what the fuck does that have to do with some interview he gave Bloomberg?

I don't personally know or care what Bloomberg believes but your dummy dunce post doesn't point out anything.

Yeah the "gotcha" is without preconditions.

Interesting that you would kill your own argument so completely.

Well if you have access to a quote where Kissinger ways "we should talk directly to Iran without preconditions" I'd be happy to read it....
but then.....:gives:

Wow you are an idiot. ABC news said they confirmed Kissingers position....what the fuck does that have to do with some interview he gave Bloomberg?

I don't personally know or care what Bloomberg believes but your dummy dunce post doesn't point out anything.

You miss the point sonny...

Asked if she considers former Republican Secretary of State Henry Kissinger to be "naïve" for supporting talks without preconditions,

If you can produce a quote that Palin should have been aware of, post it....

Palin said, "I've never heard Henry Kissinger say, 'Yeah, I'll meet with these leaders without preconditions being met.'"

Palin said SHE never heard Henry say...etc...
and she obviously wasn't prepared to call Kissinger naive....which is EXACTLY what Katy wanted.....a gotcha moment for the little minds on the left....

Well i'm sorry your mindless cunt of a vp candidate is stupid enough to fall for it. Seems like she should be smarter if she wants to be vp.

Well if you have access to a quote where Kissinger ways "we should talk directly to Iran without preconditions" I'd be happy to read it....
but then.....:gives:

Here:

KISSINGER: Well, I am in favor of negotiating with Iran. And one utility of negotiation is to put before Iran our vision of a Middle East, of a stable Middle East, and our notion on nuclear proliferation at a high enough level so that they have to study it. And, therefore, I actually have preferred doing it at the secretary of state level so that we -- we know we're dealing with authentic...

(CROSSTALK)

SESNO: Put at a very high level right out of the box?

KISSINGER: Initially, yes. And I always believed that the best way to begin a negotiation is to tell the other side exactly what you have in mind and what you are -- what the outcome is that you're trying to achieve so that they have something that they can react to.

Now, the permanent members of the Security Council, plus Japan and Germany, have all said nuclear weapons in Iran are unacceptable. They've never explained what they mean by this. So if we go into a negotiation, we ought to have a clear understanding of what is it we're trying to prevent. What is it going to do if we can't achieve what we're talking about?

But I do not believe that we can make conditions for the opening of negotiations. We ought, however, to be very clear about the content of negotiations and work it out with other countries and with our own government.

Now shut the fuck up you whining little turd.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0809/20/se.01.html

I just saw a few more clips from that interview; the one where she persists with the argument that she has foreign policy cred because Alaska is close to Russia is a particular doozy.

Palin is not what you guys all think from that convention speech. She is frighteningly clueless.

Back