the hell that the government can put you through, just because they can

accused-illegal-gun-seller-terri-reese-still-awaiting-bail-release

It's amazing how different the government treats citizens when they are suspects as compared to when it's high ranking government officials.

A family of four was arrested over half a year ago for allegedly and knowingly selling guns and ammunition to mexican cartel buyers. Terri Reese, wife and mother of the 3 other co-defendants remains in prison awaiting documents for property appraisals that the judge requested, since he made her bail 2 million dollars. Ironically, in setting the bail for Mrs. Reese, the black robed tyrant made the following statement....

Those who sell firearms knowing that they will be illegally smuggled into Mexico to arm Mexican Cartels share responsibility for the violence that has been devastating Mexico.

Notice how that hasn't applied to any federal agent who has been either implicated or outright found to have lied, in front of congress no less, and that those agents have been either allowed to resign, have been transferred somewhere else in the department, or in all ways, shapes, and forms are not sitting in prison, still earning a paycheck, getting a free lawyer, and retaining all of their property.

Plans to have the entire family represented by one attorney were blocked by the court on the grounds that an attorney representing all of the Reeses would not be able to advise one or more to cut a deal in exchange for testimony against the others. (meaning that the government won't find it as easy to get convictions if they can't divide the family) That decision meant that private attorneys for each family member would incur an initial cost of about $100,000 – money the Reeses don’t have since all of their assets, from the inventory of the stores, to cash, bank accounts, vehicles, land and the coin collection Rick Reese has been building since he was a child, were all seized by the feds and are being sought in a civil forfeiture suit by the government.

The MO of the feds has been to charge as many crimes as possible, making attorney fees higher than the average person could afford, forcing some sort of plea deal, then sealing the conviction by confiscating as much property and assets as possible, making acquiring an attorney impossible.

This is commonly called the 'economic waco'.

and just so it can be made clear that the feds focus on all members of the family..

retired attorney Marjorie Reese Stewart, 75, the mother of Rick Reese, was sentenced yesterday “to a one year term of probation, a $250 fine and 10 hours of community service for her misdemeanor assault conviction” per the U.S. Attorney’s Office.

Federal prosecutors requested… that [she] serve 30 days in jail for her actions on Sept. 29, when she elbowed and shoved former Sun-News reporter Ashley Meeks.

The family spokesperson offered a very different account:

She was talking to a friend after one of the hearings and the reporter stood in front of her with her back to her and started asking questions of her friend. She took her thumb and two fingers fingertips and started to move her by touching her shoulder blade--Told her: "Excuse me, you are being VERY RUDE." She moved her to the right about six inches -- and the reporter moved herself away from them. Thereafter, she filed an assault and battery charge against her.

I find it strange that a US attorney was dealing with a simple assault and battery charge, even if it happened in a federal courthouse.

but we're not a police state, k? enjoy your freedom and equal rights under the myth of law.

It's a good thing you don't put up with government oppression, isn't it?

It's a good thing you don't put up with government oppression, isn't it?

nope. i carry without a permit, i drive without a license. I don't smoke MJ, but that's because I don't like it. But if I wanted to, I would. I'm sure I can come up with other controlling laws I don't abide by for good reason, but that works for me for now.

how do you like YOUR government oppression?

nope. i carry without a permit, i drive without a license. I don't smoke MJ, but that's because I don't like it. But if I wanted to, I would. I'm sure I can come up with other controlling laws I don't abide by for good reason, but that works for me for now. how do you like YOUR government oppression?

What government oppression do I have? Of course, not everyone can be a sovereign citizen.

What government oppression do I have? Of course, not everyone can be a sovereign citizen.

you have none, as long as you're comfortable being told what you can and cannot do. I, however, am not.

and i've never claimed to be a sovereign citizen. I'm an American, from the old school. think washington, madison, and franklin.

you have none, as long as you're comfortable being told what you can and cannot do. I, however, am not. and i've never claimed to be a sovereign citizen. I'm an American, from the old school. think washington, madison, and franklin.
You have no idea who I am or how I live...or where. Do you?

given your particular background, do you write any articles stating the wrongness of such?

no. it is discussed though. i'm too busy writing about other issues. i suppose i could write something, but, i do other things in my free time. tbo, the issue is so prevalent and has been discussed/written about so often that it has almost became an acceptable reality. what i mean is, the system is not perfect, but is the best system that currently exists. the ABA has tried to take on the issue by creating more ethics rules, however, we are human and as such double standards will always exist.

no. it is discussed though. i'm too busy writing about other issues. i suppose i could write something, but, i do other things in my free time. tbo, the issue is so prevalent and has been discussed/written about so often that it has almost became an acceptable reality. what i mean is, the system is not perfect, but is the best system that currently exists. the ABA has tried to take on the issue by creating more ethics rules, however, we are human and as such double standards will always exist.
I find this saddening and predict doom for this country because of it.

Back