The IRS Scandal, Day 1,000... One Law professor has updated his blog daily...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_blog/2016/02/the-irs-scandal-day-1000.html

A Pepperdine University School of Law professor has chronicled all the developments in the IRS scandal since Day One through a blog he tirelessly updates every day.

Every. Single. Day.

And today — Wednesday, Feb. 3 — marks Day 1,000 in tax law Professor Paul Caron’s apparently never-ending quest to keep tabs on the latest in the IRS scandal on his “TaxProf Blog.”

The feat itself is impressive in its size and scope, and something Caron said he could have never predicted when revelations that the agency targeted conservative groups came to light in May 2013.

“My goal for TaxProf Blog is to comprehensively cover the major tax and legal education issues of the day,” Caron said in an email to The College Fix. “So when the IRS scandal broke, I naturally covered it on the blog. After a week, it was clear that this would be a major, long-running story, so I decided to do a daily roundup of news of the IRS Scandal each day. I never dreamt it would still be going strong 1,000 days later.”

Caron’s dedication to the effort is evidenced by the fact that he posts updates to his blog on the scandal every day, including weekends and holidays: “There has always been something new to cover,” he said.

Over the years, Caron said perhaps one of the most troublesome aspects of the scandal is “the arrogance of IRS Commissioner John Koskinen and President Obama, and … the ineptitude of the House Republicans.”

“I set out my views in a USA Today op-ed on Day 369 and still think I pretty much nailed it,” Caron said. In that op-ed, he details the scandal’s major developments and calls for better media scrutiny and Congressional oversight.

More at link...

http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_blog/2016/02/the-irs-scandal-day-1000.html

A Pepperdine University School of Law professor has chronicled all the developments in the IRS scandal since Day One through a blog he tirelessly updates every day.

Every. Single. Day.

And today — Wednesday, Feb. 3 — marks Day 1,000 in tax law Professor Paul Caron’s apparently never-ending quest to keep tabs on the latest in the IRS scandal on his “TaxProf Blog.”

The feat itself is impressive in its size and scope, and something Caron said he could have never predicted when revelations that the agency targeted conservative groups came to light in May 2013.

“My goal for TaxProf Blog is to comprehensively cover the major tax and legal education issues of the day,” Caron said in an email to The College Fix. “So when the IRS scandal broke, I naturally covered it on the blog. After a week, it was clear that this would be a major, long-running story, so I decided to do a daily roundup of news of the IRS Scandal each day. I never dreamt it would still be going strong 1,000 days later.”

Caron’s dedication to the effort is evidenced by the fact that he posts updates to his blog on the scandal every day, including weekends and holidays: “There has always been something new to cover,” he said.

Over the years, Caron said perhaps one of the most troublesome aspects of the scandal is “the arrogance of IRS Commissioner John Koskinen and President Obama, and … the ineptitude of the House Republicans.”

“I set out my views in a USA Today op-ed on Day 369 and still think I pretty much nailed it,” Caron said. In that op-ed, he details the scandal’s major developments and calls for better media scrutiny and Congressional oversight.

More at link...

The guy is truly dedicated, unfortunately, what will come of it. People are so desensitized to political corruption, even I am growing weary of always calling and writing when nothing changes. They prosecute a few little guys for red meat, but the big players, they rarely get what they deserve. They cover for each other because most are guilty.

Back