The Jena 6

Christ guys, they were punished a little harshly, but they're not Rosa-fucking-Parks! Why is this so huge?

Because it's another example of how our justice system routinely treats minorities as second-class citizens. I work in the juvenile court system in Missouri (child protection) and have seen far worse crimes committed by minors to be dismissed by the juvenile court. We don't need to look any further than the racist drug war to know that the tyranny of discrimination in our criminal justice system is alive and well. I don't see the Jena 6 case as being substantially different.

Because it's another example of how our justice system routinely treats minorities as second-class citizens. I work in the juvenile court system in Missouri (child protection) and have seen far worse crimes committed by minors to be dismissed by the juvenile court. We don't need to look any further than the racist drug war to know that the tyranny of discrimination in our criminal justice system is alive and well. I don't see the Jena 6 case as being substantially different.

Well said.

And the people said "Amen!"

No but I might have gone crazy and murdered the people that put the nooses in the tree. You know me. Crazy and unreasonably violent.

I've actually lost a friend before defending the Jena 6 (she wrote a very stupid article which was heavily critical of them, claimed the nooses had nothing to do with racism, and fucking SPAMMED the thing to everyone on facebook). I'm not anti-Jena at all.

It is illegal in KY to tie a hangmans knot unless you are an authorized executioner.

Imagine an illegal knot....

Of curese it is also illegal for a young woman to walk along a state highway unless accompanied by someone with a club...go figure.
Or to carry an ice cream cone in your pocket on main street in Lexington , KY...

Christ guys, they were punished a little harshly, but they're not Rosa-fucking-Parks! Why is this so huge?

Because it just happened.

It happened now not years ago.

It happened right here where people claim there is no reason to think people are prejudice.

Right here where idiots like Lush
limpballs and Shill Oliely say you are Playing some fucking race card if you menion it.

It happened where people say that any nationally know black person will be called a race baitor for trying to bring to light that the prejudice is still a part of our world.

It happens both ways. Remember the story a few days back of black teenagers trying to charge a white persons tax on an old lady sitting in the park?

You dont solve these issues by just telling people they should not be allowed to discuss them.

The right does this all the time.

If one of them was your kid, and you were black, you'd have an entirely different perspective on the issue.
Yeah, because if they were say... Native American or something I couldn't possibly relate to poor treatment by the "Establishment".

Back