The judicial whining begins

uscitizen

Villified User
McCain campaign sues over overseas military ballots

RICHMOND

John McCain's presidential campaign filed a federal suit Monday against Virginia seeking to extend by 10 days the deadline for the state's acceptance of military members' federal absentee ballots.

http://hamptonroads.com/print/486648

I read a theory that Mccain did this just to ensure that they don't call VA early and depress republican turnout in other parts of the country.

I read a theory that Mccain did this just to ensure that they don't call VA early and depress republican turnout in other parts of the country.

Seems plausible. After all, it makes the Democrats and the Obama campaign look like jerks if they fight it and it serves to leave Virginia up in the air for a while longer than it otherwise would be.

Seems plausible. After all, it makes the Democrats and the Obama campaign look like jerks if they fight it and it serves to leave Virginia up in the air for a while longer than it otherwise would be.

yeah it does. i think it was josh marshall who said it.

The only way they won't call VA tonight is if it is so close that outstanding oversees ballots could change the outcome. Otherwise, they are going to call it one way or another. And WHY should military absentee ballots be treated any different than any other ballot from VA. They were all sent out at the same time.

Back