"The last thing any university president should want is an apolitical campus."

Hume

Verified User
By Michael S. Roth. Mr. Roth is the president of Wesleyan University.

That’s not to say that I yearn for entrenched conflict or to once again hear chants telling me that I “can’t hide from genocide,” much less anything that might devolve into antisemitic or Islamophobic harassment or violence.

But since at least the 1800s, colleges and universities in the United States have sought to help students develop character traits that would make them better citizens. That civic mission is only more relevant today. The last thing any university president should want is an apolitical campus.

"These days many Americans seem to think that education should be focused entirely on work force development. They define the “good of the individual” as making a living, not working with others to figure out how to live a good life.

By Michael S. Roth. Mr. Roth is the president of Wesleyan University.

That’s not to say that I yearn for entrenched conflict or to once again hear chants telling me that I “can’t hide from genocide,” much less anything that might devolve into antisemitic or Islamophobic harassment or violence.

But since at least the 1800s, colleges and universities in the United States have sought to help students develop character traits that would make them better citizens. That civic mission is only more relevant today. The last thing any university president should want is an apolitical campus.

Yeah, I agree. That why it's such a great thing that higher education is dominated by MARXISTS. Right?

I doubt Dachshund is even House-Broken!

He just scoots his BUTT HURT ass along the floor, as if he has worms.

I call it the Butt Scootin' Boogie!

FYI Green Lizard. I am not a Dachshund Dawg, but I have a pet mini - smooth-red Dachshund called "Mr Peanut" ( a former Australian champion show - dog BTW !). As for myself, I do have periodic episodes of pruritus ani (that the medical term for itchy ass-hole) especially after eating MacDonald's "Quarter Pounders". Generally, this is, as you mention, caused by worms.

Rather than scratching my bung-hole with my index finger (which is unhygienic and bad manners!) what I do is tie a small piece of fresh pork onto a 2 - foot length of cotton thread, then I dangle the piece of pork hanging on the end of the cotton directly opposite my itchy ass-hole.

In a minute or two the worms causing the itching poke their heads out of my anus. I then quickly reach around with my free hand and grasp them with my thumb and forefinger as they wriggle out of my freckle toward the pork to eat it. When I have the worm/s firmly clasped, twixt thumb and forefinger, I then slowly pull the entire lengths of the worm/s out of my bung-hole. I then carry them to my bathroom and flush them away down the lavatory.

This is a safe, clean, reliable and fun way to effectively treat episodes of pruritus ani caused by worms - (without having to itch your own stinky anus with your finger - which is, as I say, an example of very bad manners, and, what I presume you currently do) - so I whole-heartedly recommend the "cotton and pork method" to you, "Green Lizard"

Bye for now

Dachshund Dawg

Dachshund the Loyal TRUMPER Hound !!

Back