The Nomination

Cancel7

Banned
I’m very disappointed in Corzine, who I have long considered the only doable Governor I know of.

He’s off the list! One by one. Even Krugman’s spot is starting to get wobbly. I know...but it is. Soon the only one left on my list will be Naomi Klein.

*My list is people I am allowed to have sex with, even though my boyfriend balked at this when he heard that Krugman was on it, because he didn’t consider it a remote enough possibility that I could meet and sleep with him. I kept him on anyway...but now, it’s getting shaky Paul!

Anyway, back on topic, I hope that Corzine will be very happy when the Hillary Clinton-endorsed, John McCain takes the oath.

2 Clinton Backers Offer a Way to Stage New Primaries
By JOHN M. BRODER and DAVID W. CHEN
Two of Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton’s biggest supporters, who are also two of the Democratic Party’s most successful fund-raisers, have offered to help raise millions of dollars to stage new primaries in Florida and Michigan.
Gov. Jon S. Corzine of New Jersey and Gov. Edward G. Rendell of Pennsylvania said Sunday that they would be willing to raise half the $30 million it would take to run new contests in those two states. Mr. Corzine and

Mr. Rendell submitted their proposal to The Washington Post.
The two governors argue that the Democratic National Committee, and not taxpayers in Florida and Michigan, should pay for a re-election in those states.

Democrats have been struggling to find a way to seat the delegates from Michigan and Florida, who were excluded when those states held primaries in January, violating national party rules.
With a virtual tie in both convention delegates and the nationwide popular vote, the dispute over the two states has the potential of deciding the overall race.

Mrs. Clinton won in both states, though Senator Barack Obama’s name did not appear on the Michigan ballot and neither candidate campaigned actively in Florida. Her supporters at first pressed for the disputed delegates to be seated, but both campaigns and Democratic Party leaders have been searching for an alternative solution.

Talk of the problem dominated the Sunday morning political television programs.

“I think it’s very unlikely that Florida and Michigan, given how close this race is, are going to be seated as is,” said Howard Dean, the Democratic national chairman, on “Face the Nation” on CBS. “But everybody’s going to work very hard to find a compromise within the rules that’s fair to both campaigns that will allow Florida and Michigan in the end to be seated.”
Mr. Rendell raised the fund-raising proposal on “Meet the Press” on NBC as he pressed for re-votes in the two states. Former Senator Tom Daschle of South Dakota, speaking for the Obama campaign, also appeared on the program and said he would go along.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/10/u...55656-dHGFokdQJRGQrLsZ5HUVKw&pagewanted=print

I’m very disappointed in Corzine, who I have long considered the only doable Governor I know of.

He’s off the list! One by one. Even Krugman’s spot is starting to get wobbly. I know...but it is. Soon the only one left on my list will be Naomi Klein.

*My list is people I am allowed to have sex with, even though my boyfriend balked at this when he heard that Krugman was on it, because he didn’t consider it a remote enough possibility that I could meet and sleep with him. I kept him on anyway...but now, it’s getting shaky Paul!

Anyway, back on topic, I hope that Corzine will be very happy when the Hillary Clinton-endorsed, John McCain takes the oath.

Two of Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton’s biggest supporters, who are also two of the Democratic Party’s most successful fund-raisers, have offered to help raise millions of dollars to stage new primaries in Florida and Michigan.
Gov. Jon S. Corzine of New Jersey and Gov. Edward G. Rendell of Pennsylvania said Sunday that they would be willing to raise half the $30 million it would take to run new contests in those two states. Mr. Corzine and

The two governors argue that the Democratic National Committee, and not taxpayers in Florida and Michigan, should pay for a re-election in those states.

Democrats have been struggling to find a way to seat the delegates from Michigan and Florida, who were excluded when those states held primaries in January, violating national party rules.
With a virtual tie in both convention delegates and the nationwide popular vote, the dispute over the two states has the potential of deciding the overall race.

Mrs. Clinton won in both states, though Senator Barack Obama’s name did not appear on the Michigan ballot and neither candidate campaigned actively in Florida. Her supporters at first pressed for the disputed delegates to be seated, but both campaigns and Democratic Party leaders have been searching for an alternative solution.

“I think it’s very unlikely that Florida and Michigan, given how close this race is, are going to be seated as is,” said Howard Dean, the Democratic national chairman, on “Face the Nation” on CBS. “But everybody’s going to work very hard to find a compromise within the rules that’s fair to both campaigns that will allow Florida and Michigan in the end to be seated.”
Mr. Rendell raised the fund-raising proposal on “Meet the Press” on NBC as he pressed for re-votes in the two states. Former Senator Tom Daschle of South Dakota, speaking for the Obama campaign, also appeared on the program and said he would go along.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/10/u...55656-dHGFokdQJRGQrLsZ5HUVKw&pagewanted=print

You seem to have something for old white men with beards?

I wouldn't do Corzine because of the beard, anyway; same with Krugman. If I did, it would have to be some weird position where there was no danger of an inadvertant kiss.

I have no problem with this. I think Obama should come out strongly for re-votes in both states, because it's gonna happen, one way or the other. Beyond that, I think re-votes benefit him greatly. The best Hillary can hope for is a narrow win in MI, and a maybe-larger-but-still-narrow win in FL. Even in that best case scenario, she barely gains delegates, and her "MI & FL both voted for me" argument with the supers is off the table, because the votes were counted & proved inconsequential.

And that's best-case. I think Obama wins MI, and I really don't think Hillary can count FL in her column, yet; a ton of Dems didn't vote in the last primary, and her "senior" advantage could be offset by FL's huge minority/urban population.

You seem to have something for old white men with beards?

LOL

I know, it's so weird.

I’ve always been a freak Cawacko. Long before I got this into politics, when I was in my early 20’s, I was a total trekie, and I would actually go to conventions, and I would be one of the very few non-nerdy “looking” people there (but deep down, I was a total nerd), and all the little nerds would treat me like a goddess. I mean, I didn’t even wear glasses, and that alone!

I wouldn't do Corzine because of the beard, anyway; same with Krugman. If I did, it would have to be some weird position where there was no danger of an inadvertant kiss.

I have no problem with this. I think Obama should come out strongly for re-votes in both states, because it's gonna happen, one way or the other. Beyond that, I think re-votes benefit him greatly. The best Hillary can hope for is a narrow win in MI, and a maybe-larger-but-still-narrow win in FL. Even in that best case scenario, she barely gains delegates, and her "MI & FL both voted for me" argument with the supers is off the table, because the votes were counted & proved inconsequential.

And that's best-case. I think Obama wins MI, and I really don't think Hillary can count FL in her column, yet; a ton of Dems didn't vote in the last primary, and her "senior" advantage could be offset by FL's huge minority/urban population.

Well, putting aside your freakish aversion to beards – who could not like facial hair? – I agree, but I am just disgusted with all of this support for Hillary, after what she has done to this part. She has all but endorsed John McCain if she’s not the nominee. Why is she being supported by Democratic power players?

corzine has been pi$$ing off everyone in this state. He's raised taxes a million times, wants to increase tolls, is enacting very law possible for more legalized extortion (aka traffic infractions), he's slashing countless gov't jobs, and not only that, he backs hillary.

He's basically giving the republicans the state in the next election.

Well, putting aside your freakish aversion to beards – who could not like facial hair? – I agree, but I am just disgusted with all of this support for Hillary, after what she has done to this part. She has all but endorsed John McCain if she’s not the nominee. Why is she being supported by Democratic power players?

It's a very good question. These guys know the deal at this point; even beyond Hillary practically endorsing the GOP nominee over Obama, which should disqualify her in a guy like Corzine's mind automatically. I think all of the supers & power players have to know at this point that a Hillary win entails splitting the Dem party, alienating a huge # of voters & likely losing in the fall. They're Dems, but they're not that stupid; I really don't get it....

LOL

I know, it's so weird.

I’ve always been a freak Cawacko. Long before I got this into politics, when I was in my early 20’s, I was a total trekie, and I would actually go to conventions, and I would be one of the very few non-nerdy “looking” people there (but deep down, I was a total nerd), and all the little nerds would treat me like a goddess. I mean, I didn’t even wear glasses, and that alone!

what a cruel cruel girl you were

Hey, Naomi Klein is mine! I already called dibs on her.

Seriously, I have no idea how this is going to play out. I hope and I think Obama will be the nominee, after all the game playing is over. But, I don't have a clue if he will be fatally damaged.

If you sell tickets for this I will buy one!

LOL

I know, it's so weird.

Lookin for attention. :whome:

Back