The Obama a Failure on Race Relations

DamnYankee

Loyal to the end
President Obama's job approval rating averaged 88% among blacks and 38% among whites in July, a 50-percentage-point difference that has been consistent in recent months but is much larger than in the initial months of the Obama presidency. Obama's job approval ratings among blacks, whites, and Hispanics in July are all at their lowest levels to date, although the overwhelming majority of blacks still approve.

6zcezhg2ae6dkwpm_db4eq.gif

http://www.gallup.com/poll/141725/Blacks-Whites-Continue-Differ-Sharply-Obama.aspx

I'd like to see this chart compared to a chart of party identification by race. My sense is that the charts would look extremely similar.

Basically, it's got very little to do with race and a whole hell of a lot to do with party-identification and political ideology. Your title should be "Obama Fails to Turn Republicans into Democrats."

Then 'splain this, from the same article:

_xwiw_ex70-adiekkjf-ka.gif

Or this, from the same site:

vx91ywaaquuhtpqob3znfq.gif

It looks like his approval has dropped regardless of party affiliation.

*shrug*

Or this, from the same site:

vx91ywaaquuhtpqob3znfq.gif

*shrug*

Right. That chart only goes back to July '09. Obama was inaugurated in January '09. Here is Gallup's inauguration poll by party identification:

34sl9c62n02kgmmxfg07sw.gif

Obama was initially at 43% approval among Republicans and is currently at 12% among Republicans, so it is actually a drop of 30 points, not 20.

Right. That chart only goes back to July '09. Obama was inaugurated in January '09.
So? The trends are all the same. He's hated more and more by all, regardless of party affiliation, except blacks. This represents an abject failure to be the post racial president. Is racism less of an issue that it was two years ago?

So? The trends are all the same. He's hated more and more by all, regardless of party affiliation, except blacks. This represents an abject failure to be the post racial president. Is racism less of an issue that it was two years ago?

But it isn't all about race. It's all about ideology and party-identification. Obama remains well-liked by Democrats, less liked by independents and is hated by Republicans. It's only presented as a race issue because the president is black.

And the, "abject failure" bit is hilarious by the way. Jackass.

But it isn't all about race. It's all about ideology and party-identification. Obama remains well-liked by Democrats, less liked by independents and is hated by Republicans. It's only presented as a race issue because the president is black.

And the, "abject failure" bit is hilarious by the way. Jackass.

Again, according to the Gallop Charts presented, The Obama's approval rating fell 9% among Democrats in one year, and 6% among blacks in the same time frame.

It pleases me that you agree that The Obama's abject failure at his campaign claim to be post-racial is hilarious. :good4u:

Again, according to the Gallop Charts presented, The Obama's approval rating fell 9% among Democrats in one year, and 6% among blacks in the same time frame.

It pleases me that you agree that The Obama's abject failure at his campaign claim to be post-racial is hilarious. :good4u:

You're making this about race when race has little to do with it. It's all about party and ideology. Democrats like him. Independents are mixed. Republicans hate him.

And I don't recall Obama claiming to be post-racial. Perhaps you could provide a quote to substantiate your claim.

You're making this about race when race has little to do with it. It's all about party and ideology. Democrats like him. Independents are mixed. Republicans hate him.

And I don't recall Obama claiming to be post-racial. Perhaps you could provide a quote to substantiate your claim.

Again, the facts fly in the face of your assertion. Perhaps you'd like to present facts that are dissimilar to Gallap's findings in order to support your position.

"Post racial" was highly touted by his supporters. Here's an example:
A New, 'Post-Racial' Political Era in America
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=18489466

Again, the facts fly in the face of your assertion. Perhaps you'd like to present facts that are dissimilar to Gallap's findings in order to support your position.

"Post racial" was highly touted by his supporters. Here's an example: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=18489466

I've already presented the facts showing that political ideology is what is driving Obama's approval numbers. You just prefer not to see them and instead want to keep saying Obama is a failure at being "post-racial."

And you said that Obama (not his "supporters") made a campaign claim to be post-racial. Well, where is it?

I've already presented the facts showing that political ideology is what is driving Obama's approval numbers. You just prefer not to see them and instead want to keep saying Obama is a failure at being "post-racial."

And you said that Obama (not his "supporters") made a campaign claim to be post-racial. Well, where is it?

Actually, the numbers that you posted don't support your claim at all. :)

"I have asserted a firm conviction -- a conviction rooted in my faith in God and my faith in the American people -- that working together we can move beyond some of our old racial wounds, and that in fact we have no choice if we are to continue on the path of a more perfect union. . . . The profound mistake of Rev. Wright's sermons is not that he spoke about racism in our society. It's that he spoke as if our society was static; as if no progress has been made; as if this country -- a country that has made it possible for one of his own members to run for the highest office in the land and build a coalition of white and black, Latino and Asian, rich and poor, young and old -- is still irrevocably bound to a tragic past. But what we know -- what we have seen -- is that America can change. That is the true genius of this nation. What we have already achieved gives us hope -- the audacity to hope -- for what we can and must achieve tomorrow. . . . For we have a choice in this country. We can accept a politics that breeds division, and conflict, and cynicism. We can tackle race only as spectacle -- as we did in the O.J. trial -- or in the wake of tragedy, as we did in the aftermath of Katrina -- or as fodder for the nightly news. . . . That is one option. Or, at this moment, in this election, we can come together and say, "Not this time." This time we want to talk about the crumbling schools that are stealing the future of black children and white children and Asian children and Hispanic children and Native American children. . . . I would not be running for president if I didn't believe with all my heart that this is what the vast majority of Americans want for this country. This union may never be perfect, but generation after generation has shown that it can always be perfected. And today, whenever I find myself feeling doubtful or cynical about this possibility, what gives me the most hope is the next generation -- the young people whose attitudes and beliefs and openness to change have already made history in this election."

He was obviously campaigning on his supporters assertion of "post racial".

Back