The Obama is a Success...

DamnYankee

Loyal to the end
...at creating dependency:

The number of Americans who are receiving food stamps rose to a record 40.8 million in May as the jobless rate hovered near a 27-year high, the government reported yesterday.

* Tweet 6 people Tweeted this
* Submit to Diggdiggsdigg
* Yahoo! Buzz ShareThis

Recipients of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program subsidies for food purchases jumped 19 percent from a year earlier and increased 0.9 percent from April, the US Department of Agriculture said in a statement on its website.

Participation has set records for 18 straight months.

Unemployment in July may have reached 9.6 percent, according to a Bloomberg News survey of analysts in advance of the Aug. 6 release of last month’s rate. Unemployment was 9.5 percent in June, near levels last seen in 1983.

An average of 40.5 million people, more than an eighth of the population, will get food stamps each month in the year that began Oct. 1, according to White House estimates.

The figure is projected to rise to 43.3 million in 2011.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/w.../08/05/food_stamp_use_hit_record_408m_in_may/

Way to go, Democrats. :good4u:

So Obama and the Dems are the reason that so many need food stamps? All these people all of a sudden need assistance? Wrong. This is a direct result of conservative outsourcing and 30 years of insane trade policies.

Nice try. But no.

So Obama and the Dems are the reason that so many need food stamps? All these people all of a sudden need assistance? Wrong. This is a direct result of conservative outsourcing and 30 years of insane trade policies.

Nice try. But no.
And more directly from policies of the last ten years! You can't make things better overnight, he isn't a sorcerer!

Nice try. But no.
Translation: "It's Bush's fault!"

When will The Obama accept responsibility?

Translation: "It's Bush's fault!"

When will The Obama accept responsibility?

No it's not all Bush's Fault, but he sure didn't help put people back to work. It's Nafta/Gatt, voodoo/trickle down economics, conservatives leaders who believe outsourcing is a good idea, useless wars, and tax cuts for the rich during wars and recessions. This problem is a result of policies put in place by people you voted for.

No it's not all Bush's Fault, but he sure didn't help put people back to work. It's Nafta/Gatt, voodoo/trickle down economics, conservatives leaders who believe outsourcing is a good idea, useless wars, and tax cuts for the rich during wars and recessions. This problem is a result of policies put in place by people you voted for.
I never voted for Clinton. He signed NAFTA.

I never voted for Clinton. He signed NAFTA.

Nafta/Gatt was begun by Reagan, put in place by Bush I and signed by Clinton. Clinton and the DLC lost me too when he signed it. I realized Clinton was republicon lite and the DLC is bought and sold by the same multi national corporations that own the Republicons.

Nafta/Gatt was begun by Reagan, put in place by Bush I and signed by Clinton. Clinton and the DLC lost me too when he signed it. I realized Clinton was republicon lite and the DLC is bought and sold by the same multi national corporations that own the Republicons.
So Clinton signed NAFTA. Thanks for admitting that I am right and you are wrong. :pke:

So Clinton signed NAFTA. Thanks for admitting that I am right and you are wrong. :pke:

Yea he signed the 'free trade' - bring America to its knees trade deals that are at the core of the Republicon party beliefs. Why would that make me wrong and you right?

Seems to me SM, the affects of these right wing trade deals are now being felt in U.S. unemployment lines.

Yea he signed the 'free trade' - bring America to its knees trade deals that are at the core of the Republicon party beliefs. Why would that make me wrong and you right?

Seems to me SM, the affects of these right wing trade deals are now being felt in U.S. unemployment lines.
Actually, unemployment was at historically low levels after NAFTA became effective. When foreign workers became employed they had more purchasing power, increasing the demand for American goods and services. The economic downturn had nothing to do with that. Do I have to explain basic economics to you?

Back