The "Palin has no experience" problem

KingCondanomation

It's odd to see such a fuss kicked up over a GOVERNOR having no foreign policy experience. Why would a governor have foreign policy experience?

The only one I've ever known to have any would be Richardson when he was governor of New Mexico in dealing with North Korea. Did Clinton have any while governor of Arkansas? I don't believe so.

The vast majority of bills and funding deal with domestic issues, governors are fine for being prez or vice-prez.

An ironic return, on the same day when America & the GOP realizes that regulation ain't such a bad thing, after all...

An ironic return, on the same day when America & the GOP realizes that regulation ain't such a bad thing, after all...
Yeah, I know, I've never really felt like I could influence much of what any lefty thought, but the Repubs need to hear from Conservatives that they are not happy at the way they have abandoned having any guts in letting the market prevail.

It's odd to see such a fuss kicked up over a GOVERNOR having no foreign policy experience. Why would a governor have foreign policy experience?

The only one I've ever known to have any would be Richardson when he was governor of New Mexico in dealing with North Korea. Did Clinton have any while governor of Arkansas? I don't believe so.

The vast majority of bills and funding deal with domestic issues, governors are fine for being prez or vice-prez.

The reason for the fuss is because McCain made such a big deal about Obama not having forign policy experience.

Yeah, I know, I've never really felt like I could influence much of what any lefty thought, but the Repubs need to hear from Conservatives that they are not happy at the way they have abandoned having any guts in letting the market prevail.

Dano, how are you going to get that message to "the Repubs" when there isn't even one of them posting here?

"the way they have abandoned having any guts in letting the market prevail."

Doesn't the current crisis give you ANY pause on that?

I love the free market, and it is inherent to what America is about. I do NOT like an unfettered free market. The free market has one priority: profit. Often, it's narrowed to short-term profit. There is no "check" on that; the pursuit of profit can often clash with goals we have as a country, such as a clean environment, or some common sense when loaning money.

No one cared that people couldn't afford mortgages or what that might do eventually, because they made a good profit short term.

they will hear you loud and clear when you vote for them in November.

I love the free market, and it is inherent to what America is about. I do NOT like an unfettered free market. The free market has one priority: profit. Often, it's narrowed to short-term profit. There is no "check" on that; the pursuit of profit can often clash with goals we have as a country, such as a clean environment, or some common sense when loaning money.
You are correct that they certainly are out to make profit, but I have seen no evidence of it being only for the short-term in most companies. If that were true, none would bother with R & D, product verification, etc... would they?
I would argue they care a great deal based on where they spend their dollars.

No one cared that people couldn't afford mortgages or what that might do eventually, because they made a good profit short term.
???
Banks make their profit on mortgages over a very long term, usually 20 to 30 years, they care plenty. What made more give out bad loans was government pressure through legislation like the Community Reinvestment Act.

The real funny part is she has 10- fold more exp at the bottom of the ticket, than the top of the Dem ticket. joty just talking and shooting staples in a telephoine pole either---she actually accomplishes tasks. the commie has not taken on any tasks accept to refill his staple gun.

Let the media bash Palin--she can take it, and the American people with any true knowledge about the candidates, know better.

If the commie gets in--I predict China will be bailing out our welfare system before he is done. We won't be able to afford it. How would all you gimmie gimmie fuckers like to be owned by China?

Because they knew their profit was never in danger. Take away the risk and it might as well be a government run enterprise.

You honestly believe self interest (which is all the profit motive is) does not influence people in government operations? Of course, it does. The difference is not profit. It's the risk of failure that makes the market work.

Back