The Party Of Jefferson

I should add that Jefferson himself thought badly of Jackson, and this to say of his 1824 candidacy:

Thomas Jefferson said:
I feel much alarmed at the prospect of seeing General Jackson President. He is one of the most unfit men I know of for such a place. He has had very little respect for laws or constitutions, and is, in fact, an able military chief. His passions are terrible. When I was President of the Senate he was a Senator; and he could never speak on account of the rashness of his feelings. I have seen him attempt it repeatedly, and as often choke with rage. His passions are no doubt cooler now; he has been much tried since I knew him, but he is a dangerous man.

I should add that Jefferson himself thought badly of Jackson, and this to say of his 1824 candidacy:

And Bill Clinton actually hates Barrack Obama and Obama hates Bill Clinton. 1/3 of Republicans hate Donald Trump and some Democrats love Donald Trump.

And Bill Clinton actually hates Barrack Obama and Obama hates Bill Clinton. 1/3 of Republicans hate Donald Trump and some Democrats love Donald Trump.

None of the aforementioned founded a political party, the way that Jefferson, Hamilton, Jackson, and Clay did. The best that can be said is that Douchebag Donald has turned the GOP into a leftist party from a long history of being rightist.

The Tenth Amendment, which makes explicit the idea that the federal government is limited to only the powers granted in the Constitution, has been declared to be a truism by the Supreme Court. In United States v. Sprague (1931) the Supreme Court asserted that the amendment "added nothing to the [Constitution] as originally ratified."

Wikipedia

Back