The Physicist versus the Ice Cream man: GOP loses Denny Hastert's old seat

Cypress

Illinois District 14 Special election: A Liberal Democrat - Bill Foster - wins Denny Hastert's old congressional seat. Hilarious. In a deeply red district and safe republican seat for decades.

Bill Foster is a liberal Democrat, and a Harvard educated PhD physicist.

His GOP opponent, Jim Oberweis, an euntrepeneur, runs a chain of ice cream stores.

Bonus points: Guess which one is the liberal Democrat scientist, and which is the Republican ice cream man, based on appearance alone:

That is great news. It doesnt bode well for the Republican turnout in the genreal elections does it?

Desh, I figure by NOV the economy will be so bad that virtually all Republicans will lose. Except maybe Ron Paul. He is a lifer obviously opposed to term limits I would think.

There will aslo be a couple of corruption investigations which will come to head arround that time too.

The failures of this admin will be very hard for the R leadership to blame on the incoming president Obama too. It will all be so full blown by then that they will too obviously all laid at the Republicans feet. You watch they will still try though.

Ohh the party of personal responsibility always tries to blame others. The question is how many times will the public believe the wolf cry ?

Not only was this great news and bears an omen for the Republican Party .. it was a demonstration of Obama coattails .. which will prove to be long in the general election.

Umm that's bold.

Wanna bet?

Nope, but I have been much more correct in recent years than the Bush supporters have.

The extent of my gambling is the occasional powerball ticket.

I hope I am wrong on the piss poor economic outlook, but fear that I am not and have planned my personal finances accordingly.

Bought a bunch of gold and stuffed it under the mattress?

Actually I bought a couple hundred thou worth of gold at a bit over $600.
That is my living cash if times get hard and the rest of my conservative investments go south.

but it is not under my mattress.
To bumpy.

Picture 1 looks like a corrupt politician.

Picture 2 looks like he could be both a physicist and an ice cream man.

Back