The question McCain can't answer and no one has asked.

blackascoal

The Force is With Me
If Iraq is the defining moment of our generation, and the central focus on the war on terror as you have said Senator McCain, then why aren't you or will you call for a draft?

Particularly given that every knowledgeable authority has said that our military is stretched to its limits.

If Iraq is so important, will you call for a draft as president?

McCain knows that if he says yes, his race for the presidency is over the next day .. but he also knows that if he says no, then it will expose the fraud of the urgency to stay in Iraq.

Why hasn't anyone put this to McCain?

If Iraq is the defining moment of our generation, and the central focus on the war on terror as you have said Senator McCain, then why aren't you or will you call for a draft?

Particularly given that every knowledgeable authority has said that our military is stretched to its limits.

McCain knows that if he says yes, his race for the presidency is over the next day .. but he also knows that if he says no, then it will expose the fraud of the urgency to stay in Iraq.

Why hasn't anyone put this to McCain? Never mind they realize that more stockades would have to be built...no more us cits wanted

;)

I don't know. They're frauds. I was watching the fossil on Matthews last night and Matthews says “I’ve been giving you softball questions Senator (yeah, you ain’t kidding), now it’s time for a hardball question.

And guess what the hardball question was bac? It was “Do YOU think that Obama is an elitist?” I mean, are they kidding me? What’s the next “hardball question” for the Senator who claims to be an anti-lobbyist crusader but whose staff are all lobbyists working for him for free? For the Senator whose wife is a dope addict? How about a really tough one for follow up “Senator, do YOU think that Hillary Clinton is a ‘big f’ing whore’ or would you say randi Rhodes went too far?”

Hardball? On what planet.

But your question is the most important one of all. And if no draft, then too, what are we going to do about our crumbling military? But not one question about this, not one.

Well it was pro right hardball against the left.

What do ya expect from the MSM anyway ?
they sure as heck don't want to pull a Rather.

I don't know. They're cool. I was watching the hotty on Matthews last night and Matthews says “I’ve been giving you softball questions Senator (yeah, you ain’t kidding), now it’s time for a hardball question.

And guess what the hardball question was bac? It was “Do YOU think that Obama is an elitist?” I mean, are they kidding me? What’s the next “hardball question” for the Senator who claims to be an anti-lobbyist crusader but whose staff are all hard workers working for him for free? For the Senator whose wife is a beautiful? How about a really tough one for follow up “Senator, do YOU think that Hillary Clinton is a ‘big f’ing whore’ or would you say randi Rhodes went too far?”

Hardball? On what planet hollywood.

But your question is the most important one of all. And if no draft, then too, what are we going to do about our crumbling Code Pink? But not one question about this, not one.

:D

Excellent question my friend.

Time to write the pundants with a request for this question.

Ok motherfucker, Damo is going to let this go on constantly, that’s cool.
You have not fucked with a post changer yet. I have legend status in cyberspace. But mine are funny.

You’ll rue the day nancy and don’t forget to go running to Damo when your ass is kicked all over this fucking board.

You’ve been told. Now wait.

Why do people believe wars must be fought with conscript troops? There are way too many problems with drafting soldiers for warfare. McCain, who served in the armed forces, probably understands that. Drafts are out. It may be hard on an all volunteer service to answer the call to a long term situation like Iraq by requiring longer and more frequent tours of duty, but it is better than sending people over there who did not volunteer.

I don't know. They're frauds. I was watching the fossil on Matthews last night and Matthews says “I’ve been giving you softball questions Senator (yeah, you ain’t kidding), now it’s time for a hardball question.

And guess what the hardball question was bac? It was “Do YOU think that Obama is an elitist?” I mean, are they kidding me? What’s the next “hardball question” for the Senator who claims to be an anti-lobbyist crusader but whose staff are all lobbyists working for him for free? For the Senator whose wife is a dope addict? How about a really tough one for follow up “Senator, do YOU think that Hillary Clinton is a ‘big f’ing whore’ or would you say randi Rhodes went too far?”

Hardball? On what planet.

But your question is the most important one of all. And if no draft, then too, what are we going to do about our crumbling military? But not one question about this, not one.

I watched that farce with Matthews.

They were in a college setting and it would have been the perfect time to ask McCain a real question about what he thinks the American people should be sacrificing if indeed the "war on terror" is so important and its such a "defining moment." I've not heard a single commentator either ask McCain the question about a draft nor have I even heard them broach the subject.

Instead, the media spends its time parsing the nuances of words and asking dumb questions like the one you mentioned.

Why do people believe wars must be fought with conscript troops? There are way too many problems with drafting soldiers for warfare. McCain, who served in the armed forces, probably understands that. Drafts are out. It may be hard on an all volunteer service to answer the call to a long term situation like Iraq by requiring longer and more frequent tours of duty, but it is better than sending people over there who did not volunteer.

I'm sorry my friend but that is an absolutely ridiculous response.

War should never be fought unless sacrifice is expected from the American people, not just volunteers. Our military is on the verge of total collapse.

The reason the right won't call for a draft is simple .. the war would end the next day and McCain wouldn't get 30% of the vote. The chickenhawk stampede away from supporting the way would happen overnight.

I'm sorry my friend but that is an absolutely ridiculous response.

War should never be fought unless sacrifice is expected from the American people, not just volunteers.

Completely and totally disagree.

That has not been our policy for years, and soldiers who willingly join our all-volunteer military are well aware of what they're getting into, unlike the scared and unwilling 18 year old kids you all love to threaten with the draft.

He wouldn't say yes or no. He'd say he'd leave that up to the military to decide and tell him what to do or something to the effect of, "We'll leave Iraq when the officers on the ground tell me to."

Completely and totally disagree.

That has not been our policy for years, and soldiers who willingly join our all-volunteer military are well aware of what they're getting into, unlike the scared and unwilling 18 year old kids you all love to threaten with the draft.

I'm not threatening 18 year olds with anything .. in fact, I'm looking out for them because I know that if a draft is called for, the war will be over.

Which war was it that we fought with an all volunteer army?

How can this fraud of a war continue without fresh troops?

Are you unaware of the condition of our military?

Which war was it that we fought with an all volunteer army?

Well let's see... the Second Gulf War, the First Gulf War, Revolutionary War, Spanish-American War, Phillipines, Mexican-American War, Panama, Grenada, Libya, Kosovo and probably many others I forgot to mention.

Back