The Rezko corruption trial

evince

Truthmatters
http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/rezko/912861,CST-NWS-rezko24.article

May bite ROVE!

Its coming out he tried to get Fitzgerald fired.

prosecutor told the judge in the Tony Rezko corruption trial Wednesday that a witness is prepared to testify about efforts by top Republicans to get the Bush White House to fire U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald at a time he was spearheading investigations of Gov. Blagojevich's administration.

The key players, according to Assistant U.S. Attorney Carrie E. Hamilton, were Robert Kjellander, a Republican National committeeman from Springfield, and Kjellander's old friend, Karl Rove, who, at the time was a top White House adviser.

DOJ scandal, lies to take us to war , cheating in elections ,This^ to name a few.

I have yet to see any substantial evidence that elections were rigged, and, although despicable, lying is not illegal.

Have fun with your lynching, though, since it won't fix anything.

You never studied the Felons list in Florida or the lifelong Republican code writter who testified under oath to being asked to write a code to do just that ?

You never studied the Felons list in Florida or the lifelong Republican code writter who testified under oath to being asked to write a code to do just that ?

I hate to break it to you Desh, but if there was really something illegal that had happened better people than you or I (or at least better connected people) would be busy prosecuting now. America is in for sad times if it has to rely on messageboard junkies for its investigations.

How is this going to fix anything? Demonizing Karl Rove like he is some type of Satan rather than a result of American politics (and a common result, at that) is not constructive; it does nothing to address any real issues, it just gives the Democrats a rallying cry.

Oh so you really think anyone who commited crimes in the Bush admin should just walk off and it should nto be investigated?

ahahahahahahahahahaha

yeah Im sure you would translate that to another admin fo a differnt party.

Oh so you really think anyone who commited crimes in the Bush admin should just walk off and it should nto be investigated?

ahahahahahahahahahaha

yeah Im sure you would translate that to another admin fo a differnt party.

If you are implying I would be ready to prosecute a Democrat, you are wrong. I hate them both. However, the Republicans on this site are largely either stupid or unsupportive of Bush-- either way they are of no consequence. You Democrats that think your feces are made of flower petals, however, are still a source of anxiety for me.

Again, prosecution solves nothing. You can't talk about how much the U.S. over prosecutes out of one side of your mouth and then on the other call for him to go to prison. Maybe he should go to prison, but it solves nothing if that is all that happens.

When people actually get prosicuted for the crimes they are taken out of the system.

It is insane to think you can fix a corrupt government without punishing the guilty.

If you dont show people that the people will not tolerate a subverting of their govenment without harsh penalties you are just asking to have your government subverted.

Your argument is just fucking redicules.

When someone defrauds a bank you investigate , prosicute and punish them. You dont just go oh well how can we keep it from happening agian.

When people actually get prosicuted for the crimes they are taken out of the system.
So you support jail terms for marijuana use, then? That would, apparently, solve the drug problem.

It is insane to think you can fix a corrupt government without punishing the guilty.
Just as it is insane to think that you will cure the disease by treating the symptoms.

If you dont show people that the people will not tolerate a subverting of their govenment without harsh penalties you are just asking to have your government subverted.
These people knew it was illegal going into it. Putting him in jail doesn't fix anything, no matter how much it will make you feel better.

Your argument is just fucking redicules.
No, your argument is ridiculous. Your argument is that these corrupt people, most of whom I'm sure are well acquainted with our legal system by the fact that they WORK FOR THE GOVERNMENT, are going to be persuaded to stop because you put one of the failures into jail. It doesn't fix the problem.

When someone defrauds a bank you investigate , prosicute and punish them. You dont just go oh well how can we keep it from happening agian.

When someone defrauds a bank you investigate, prosecute, and punish them. Then you put in security measures (after examining HOW they defrauded the bank) to prevent anyone else from doing it.

But wait I thought you dont investigate , prosicute and punish them?

Have you changed your mind then?

MJ should be legal.

It harms no one and you can make a tax base out of it and get the crime associated with it reduced to next to nothing.

Government corruption compares well to fraud and not drug abuse. It need to be punished and I doubt you would get many Americans to agree with your idea of not investigating , prosicuting and punishing government corruption?

Back