“The self is a highly organised network”

BidenPresident

Verified User
Rather than an underlying, unchanging substance that acquires and loses properties, we’re making a paradigm shift to seeing the self as a process, as a cumulative network with a changeable integrity.

A cumulative network has structure and organisation, as many natural processes do, whether we think of biological developments, physical processes or social processes.

Think of this constancy and structure as stages of the self overlapping with, or mapping on to, one another.

https://aeon.co/essays/the-self-is-not-singular-but-a-fluid-network-of-identities

Rather than an underlying, unchanging substance that acquires and loses properties, we’re making a paradigm shift to seeing the self as a process, as a cumulative network with a changeable integrity.

A cumulative network has structure and organisation, as many natural processes do, whether we think of biological developments, physical processes or social processes.

Think of this constancy and structure as stages of the self overlapping with, or mapping on to, one another.

https://aeon.co/essays/the-self-is-not-singular-but-a-fluid-network-of-identities

You have no fucking clue at all do you?

Humans are not mycelia, we lack the hypha. Humans are big brain chimps that kill the weak. However, 95% of humans are robots that can't think for themselves. They do what they are programmed to do or they get canceled. Robots texting while driving are not conscious, they go through life on autopilot with no concern for the world around them.

This is a great topic.

Seems to me that it's an 'organised network' for at best a few minutes at a time - on a very good day! :)

OK. Is this something about Trump being able to develop into a Higher Human Being or something? Because, I'm NOT buying that.

Humans are not mycelia, we lack the hypha. Humans are big brain chimps that kill the weak. However, 95% of humans are robots that can't think for themselves. They do what they are programmed to do or they get canceled. Robots texting while driving are not conscious, they go through life on autopilot with no concern for the world around them.

This is a great topic.

Hating mankind and envisioning all those beings you have never met as stupid and evil says a lot about you

Seems to me that it's an 'organised network' for at best a few minutes at a time - on a very good day! :)

Most people are mostly good

A few are like saints

And a few are complete rat bastards

Sometimes the bastards fool enough people to grab some power

It’s what happens when you let news stations LIE

Hating mankind and envisioning all those beings you have never met as stupid and evil says a lot about you
I thought we were friends.

Anyone who bought the iphone 25 RTG supermax has a chimp brain that is unaware of its surroundings. Do you want to chat about self being a highly organised network?

I thought we were friends.

Anyone who bought the iphone 25 RTG supermax has a chimp brain that is unaware of its surroundings. Do you want to chat about self being a highly organised network?

What is that supposed to mean dude

Lay it out for me

Back