The Semi Finals

Game 2. Clemson has the odds for winning. Can the Buckeyes defend the pass as well as they did last year and play unpredictably and keep Travis from making big runs, unlike last year, and the officiating bounced their way, unlike last year. Then it could be a long game for Clemson.

Keys for OSU. Contain the passing game while keepin Etienne in the backfield. As, well as keeping Travis from making big runs. OSU has a distinct advantage in the running game. The Buckeyes should take the tempo game of Clemson away from them by dominating the line of scrimmage in the running game. Keeping Clemsons offense off the field will be critical.

Keys for Clemson. Hitting OSU over the middle when in zone coverage will be key. Particularly with Etienne as they will pick up yards after completion. Clemsons WR will need to step up their game with a less talented pool of receivers vs last year. If Clemsons defense can’t win the war at the line of scrimmage OSU will run all over them. They have to shut down Olaeve. So goes Olaeve so goes OSU receivers. If Olaeve does well the rest of their receivers do well and when Olaeve is taken out of the game they are mediocre.

One thing Clemson had better be prepared for. OSU will be playing for blood. Trust me when I say OSU has been practicing to play Clemson all year in hopes of a rematch. They will be ready and out for blood and hungry to reverse the embarrassing record they have against Clemson.

Game 2. Clemson has the odds for winning. Can the Buckeyes defend the pass as well as they did last year and play unpredictably and keep Travis from making big runs, unlike last year, and the officiating bounced their way, unlike last year. Then it could be a long game for Clemson.

Keys for OSU. Contain the passing game while keepin Etienne in the backfield. As, well as keeping Travis from making big runs. OSU has a distinct advantage in the running game. The Buckeyes should take the tempo game of Clemson away from them by dominating the line of scrimmage in the running game. Keeping Clemsons offense off the field will be critical.

Keys for Clemson. Hitting OSU over the middle when in zone coverage will be key. Particularly with Etienne as they will pick up yards after completion. Clemsons WR will need to step up their game with a less talented pool of receivers vs last year. If Clemsons defense can’t win the war at the line of scrimmage OSU will run all over them. They have to shut down Olaeve. So goes Olaeve so goes OSU receivers. If Olaeve does well the rest of their receivers do well and when Olaeve is taken out of the game they are mediocre.

One thing Clemson had better be prepared for. OSU will be playing for blood. Trust me when I say OSU has been practicing to play Clemson all year in hopes of a rematch. They will be ready and out for blood and hungry to reverse the embarrassing record they have against Clemson.

Ohio State came to play against Alabama. But they found out that is easier said than done.

Oh, and that OSU cornerback that talked shit about defending Devonta Smith? How does he like his crow served?

Bummed about last night. All credit goes to 'Bama. Was too bad the Bucks lost a couple of those defensive studs. They needed to be at full strength to really have a chance.

Was happy for Najee Harris, he's an East Bay kid. Has done well for himself.

Bummed about last night. All credit goes to 'Bama. Was too bad the Bucks lost a couple of those defensive studs. They needed to be at full strength to really have a chance.

Injuries are always an issue. Bama had several players out too. Including Jalen Waddle, their 2 year starting center, and some others.

I think it was more about this being a generationally great offense. Having 2 players in the running for the Heisman is impressive. Bama had 3 players in the top 5.

I think OSU would have got beat anyways. Bama’s offense was simply on another level.

I think OSU would have got beat anyways. Bama’s offense was simply on another level.

I think part of the problem was that OSU played far fewer games. Offense can practice and get better without contact, as the pandemic required.

Defense, on the other hand, needs someone to react to. They need to learn to read QBs, react to RBs, and learn more than one style of play in case their main defensive scheme does not work.

Alabama's defense at the beginning of the year was barely serviceable. Young players were not able to get the time to grasp more complicated schemes and master more than one set. When OSU's basic 4-3 defense was being ripped apart. The nickel would have been better, but only slightly. Stacking the line and light Mac Jones up would have been worth trying.

Back