The Silence of the Naysayers

belme1201

I can't help but notice that the anti-Obama contingent is being silent about the President's speech. It is my guess that they are waiting to see what their leaders, Rush, Glenn, etc., will say tomorrow before they can express their "opinion".
The speech was masterful, but I'll go out on a limb and say none of them will be saying Obama hit a homerun.

I'd say who give a rats ass...it was the same ole same ole lies and I'm sick and tired of this ass preaching to me...let him pass this stinking bill, the little dictator has the majority....it's getting sickening watch him whine and blaming everyone but himself and his own party....Just don't be surprised by the RESPONE..

Last edited:
I'd say who give a rats ass...it was the same ole same ole lies and I'm sick and tired of this ass preaching to me...let him pass this stinking bill the little dictator has the majority....Just don't be surprised by the RESPONE..

Obviously after 3-4 months around here, I won't be surprised by any responses, particularly the misleading ones. What does surprise me is that it's taking so long, therefore my theory about why.

I didn't see the speech. My dad is a liberal Republican or conservative Democrat however you want to define the type watched it and described it to me as he thought Obama threw substantive meat to the right and rhetorical meat to the left and thus it was very centrist. He said it was a great speech. Whatever, that's just one man's opinion. The ultimate judge of how good a speech it is won't be known until we see a final bill that is signed and did he get what he wanted.

Obviously after 3-4 months around here, I won't be surprised by any responses, particularly the misleading ones. What does surprise me is that it's taking so long, therefore my theory about why.

ummm ok..do ya know what time it is...:rolleyes:

I didn't see the speech. My dad is a liberal Republican or conservative Democrat however you want to define the type watched it and described it to me as he thought Obama threw substantive meat to the right and rhetorical meat to the left and thus it was very centrist. He said it was a great speech. Whatever, that's just one man's opinion. The ultimate judge of how good a speech it is won't be known until we see a final bill that is signed and did he get what he wanted.

Your father's assessment was astute, Obama chastized the extremes on both sides. I guess the best bill that can be achieved is one that makes both sides unhappy. As long as it brings fairness, logic, and cost efficiency to the system, that is what counts to me.
It's fine to debate the issue, but with honesty before vitriol, otherwise it's nonsense.

Back