The Spitzer tip off

evince

Truthmatters
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,340739,00.html

Hmm it seems the FBI was tipped off to his little sex adiction by the right.

Spitzer Nemesis Sent Letter to FBI Alleging His Use of Call Girls
Sunday, March 23, 2008

A lawyer for Republican political operative Roger Stone sent a letter to the FBI alleging former New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer used a high priced call girls while in Florida, the Miami Herald reported.

''The governor has paid literally tens of thousands of dollars for these services. It is Mr. Stone's understanding that the governor paid not with credit cards or cash but through some pre-arranged transfer,'' the Nov. 19 letter read.

Best known for putting an end to the 2000 presidential election recount effort in Miami-Dade County, Stone is a longtime Spitzer rival.

Yeah, it's who outted him, not the fact that the law and order governor was using the same prostitutes he busted other people for.

Oh Im not defending him Damo he scumed out his reputation and should get whatever is coming to him.

Its just I cant help but think it was a political agenda and not a law agenda that brought us here.

Criminals are always rated out by their enimies. You appear to be advocating a double standard for politics.

Oh Im not defending him Damo he scumed out his reputation and should get whatever is coming to him.

Its just I cant help but think it was a political agenda and not a law agenda that brought us here.
Bull. You'd be celebrating the person who outted him as an R. This is more of your double standard crap.

It doesn't matter that it came out, it matters that it happened.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,340739,00.html

Hmm it seems the FBI was tipped off to his little sex adiction by the right.

Spitzer Nemesis Sent Letter to FBI Alleging His Use of Call Girls
Sunday, March 23, 2008

A lawyer for Republican political operative Roger Stone sent a letter to the FBI alleging former New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer used a high priced call girls while in Florida, the Miami Herald reported.

''The governor has paid literally tens of thousands of dollars for these services. It is Mr. Stone's understanding that the governor paid not with credit cards or cash but through some pre-arranged transfer,'' the Nov. 19 letter read.

Best known for putting an end to the 2000 presidential election recount effort in Miami-Dade County, Stone is a longtime Spitzer rival.

PWNage

Couldn't the R be thought of as a heroic whistle-blower instead?

I would like to think if I were ever to enter politics that I too would dig up dirt on my opponents and use it as leverage to get my way. This is very admirable, I find it awesome.

That said I don't think there is anything wrong with prostitution, but alas . .

actually he is, he committed a crime. Don't try to change the english language watermark.

I will if I want to. Criminal now means anything WM thinks is wrong. WM doesn't think prostitution is wrong. WM thinks conservatism is wrong. Therefore, SM is a criminal, Spitzer is a saint.

Criminals are many times ratted out by their enemies. Doesn't make them any less a criminal. Like I said before, couldn't have happened to a nicer person.

Simply because I cannot stand Roger Stone and would hate for him to think he had anything to do with Spitzer's demise, the investigation into the prostitution ring and Spitzer's involvement therein occurred well before Stone's letter.

Actually, the tip that got him came from the bank where he was withdrawing large amounts in cash to pay the girl. The Banking Secrecy Act of 1970 requires banks to report cash transactions of more than a certain amount, to be reported to the IRS. Part of the "War on Drugs" effort of the 1970s, passed by a heavily Dem congress during the Nixon administration. The law has since been modified and added to by other legislation.

Sorry to spoil your wet dream of blaming a Republican for a Democrat's unlawful and unethical acts.

At least Spitzer got caught bangin' something you would actually WANT to hit.

Contrasting example, the toothless meth whore Jimmy Swaggart got caught with.

Actually, the tip that got him came from the bank where he was withdrawing large amounts in cash to pay the girl. The Banking Secrecy Act of 1970 requires banks to report cash transactions of more than a certain amount, to be reported to the IRS. Part of the "War on Drugs" effort of the 1970s, passed by a heavily Dem congress during the Nixon administration. The law has since been modified and added to by other legislation.

Sorry to spoil your wet dream of blaming a Republican for a Democrat's unlawful and unethical acts.

It's my understanding that this is much closer to the truth.

LOL the banking law referred to is called something like the banking privacy act, passed during the 90's I think. In any case much after Nixon.

LOL the banking law referred to is called something like the banking privacy act, passed during the 90's I think. In any case much after Nixon.
Actually the law had passed at the time of DB Cooper and his hijack heist.

One of the theories is, at the time the laws were new so they think Cooper may have banked the cash, but they hadn't reported it because they were as yet unaware of all the requirements.

Back