The story of a family in Gaza, the IDF and Amalek

Scott

Verified User
Scott Ritter wrote an article of a story of a family in Gaza and the IDF 2 days ago. It moved me a lot. Decided it might be good to share it here...

Sympathy for the Devil, Part Two

The Amalek Effect

APR 09, 2024

“You must remember what Amalek has done to you, says our Holy Bible. And we do remember.” - Benjamin Netanyahu

January 29, 2024

The Israeli defense force (IDF) had for days been engaged in heavy combat with Hamas fighters throughout Gaza City. To help differentiate between combatants and non-combatants, the IDF ordered parts of Gaza City to evacuate. Bashar Hamada loaded his wife and three children, along with two cousins—15-year-old Layan Hamada and 6-year-old Hind Rajab—into his black Kia Picanto and began to drive south, to safety.

At around 1.30 pm, as he entered a roundabout in the suburb of Tel al-Hawa, the Kia Bashar was driving came under fire from Israeli tanks which had taken up positions around the roundabout. Bashar, his wife and three children were killed. In the backseat, Layan and Hind lay wounded, covered in blood.

Shortly after the shooting stopped, Layan found her uncle’s phone, and placed a call to an uncle in Gaza, informing him that Bashar and his immediate family were dead. The quality of the connection was poor, and the uncle hung up and called relatives in Germany, who contacted the Palestinian Red Crescent Society (PCRS), notifying them of the incident, before reaching out directly to Layan.

“Layan,” Mohammed Salem Hamada, the relative in Germany who placed the call later recounted, “told me that her father and my aunt—her mother is my aunt—were shot and they are all dead. She said the IDF [Israel Defense Forces] soldiers were shooting them and she also told me that the tanks are getting closer to them.

Layan explained that she had been shot in the leg, as had 6-year-old Hind. Layan told Mohammed that “she didn’t know how bad the injury or injuries were because she was covered—all of them were covered—in blood.”

Layan then handed the phone to Hind, who told Mohammed “Please help me. Please come and rescue us. Rescue me.”

Mohammed broke down. “I was literally crying because I was unable to do anything, and I think all of my family were in the same situation.”

His wife took the phone away from the sobbing man. “Sweetheart,” she told Hind, “don’t be scared, God loves you and he will take care of you.”

“Ok,” Hind replied, quietly.

At around 2:40 pm, a representative from the PRCS contacted Layan.

Layan answered the phone. “Hello?”

“Hello dear,” the operator responded.

“They are shooting at us,” Layan said. “The tank is next to me.”

“Are you hiding?” the operator asked.

“Yes,” Layan replied, “In the car. We are next to the tank.”

The conversation was interrupted by the sounds of gunfire, and the screams of 15-year-old Layan as she was shot to death by Israeli soldiers.

A few minutes later the PCRS operator called the number again.

Six-year-old Hind answered.

“I am so scared,” Hind said. “Please come. Call someone to come get me, please.”

“Shall we recite a verse from the Quran together?” the operator asked, trying to calm the little girl down. “We can recite some verses and say some prayers. What do you think?”

Hind responded by reciting a passage from the Quran.

“Good job,” the operator replied. “You have it memorized.”

“Please get me out of here,” Hind said, but the operator could not understand her.

“What was that you said, my dear?”

“Please get me out of here,” Hind repeated.

The PCRS was frantically trying to coordinate with the IDF to get permission to dispatch an ambulance to the scene to rescue Hind. Around 4.30 pm, permission was finally received, and after agreeing upon the route the rescuers would take (the Israelis provided the PCRS with a map showing the route), an ambulance and two paramedics—Yusuf Zeino and Ahmed al-Madhoun, departed, heading to the Tel al-Hawa roundabout.

To help calm Hind, the PCRS operator connected the young girl with her mother.

“I miss you, Mama,” Hind told her mother.

The mother tried to calm her, but as the medics closed in on the site, the PCRS operator took over the call, to guide the rescuers to her.

Hind’s last words to her mother were “Don’t leave me, mama. I’m hungry. I’m hurt.”

The operator asked about the status of the other passengers in the vehicle.

“I’m telling you they’re dead,” Hind replied.

Around 6 pm, Yusuf Zeino and Ahmed al-Madhoun arrived at the scene, inching there way forward, toward the black Kia, which was in sight. “I’m nearly there,” Zeino told the PCRS dispatcher.

“The tank is next to me,” Hind told the PCRS operator. The fear in her voice was palpable. “It’s coming towards me.”

Zeino reported that the Israelis were targeting them with laser sights, the green dots dancing around their bodies and the ambulance.

“It’s very, very close,” Hind said, her voice a whisper. “Come and take me.”

At that moment, the sound of gunfire and explosion erupted from the phone held by the PRCS operator, before the line went dead.

Yusuf Zeino and Ahmed al-Madhoun were killed by a tank round which blew up the ambulance they were riding in.

Hind Rajab was killed by a final burst of machine gun fire.

Given the scope and scale of Israeli intelligence collection taking place in Gaza, there can be no doubt that the IDF was monitoring the phones used by Hind, the medics, and the PRCS.

They heard young Hind’s pleas for help.

They heard the rescuers arrive on the scene.

And they murdered them in cold blood.

There is a video that has been posted online by an Israeli journalist, Yinon Magal, showing Israeli soldiers dancing arm in arm, chanting, “I stick by one mitvah [note: a ‘good dead’ which has a practical benefit for the person who does them as well as for the entire world], to wipe off the seed of Amalek.” The soldiers then continue. “We know our slogan, ‘there are no uninvolved civilians in Gaza.’”

The “seed of Amalek” had to be destroyed.

And so young Hind Rajab was murdered, together with six members of the extended family, and two brave paramedics who were dispatched to save her.

Full article:
Sympathy for the Devil, Part Two - The Amalek Effect | Scott Ritter

The article goes on to talk about Amalek and it's certainly interesting, but what caught me more was the story of that young Gazan family, of how the Israeli army has become so barbaric.

Back