The voice of Libertarianism in the campaign may go silent...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/07/ron.paul/index.html?eref=rss_politics

Paul hints presidential campaign will end soon

(CNN) -- Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul is hinting that his run for the White House is about to end, saying the "presidential campaign will soon wind down."

His comments came two days after Sen. John McCain became the presumptive GOP nominee.

"Though victory in the conventional political sense is not available in the presidential race, many victories have been achieved due to your hard work and enthusiasm," the Texas congressman said in a video to supporters posted by his campaign on YouTube on Thursday.

More at link...

It's not Paul's libertarianism that made people shun him. It's his completely kooky foreign policy, plus his utter lack of any EFFECTIVE plan to get his (otherwise excellent) agenda enacted into law.

It's not Paul's libertarianism that made people shun him. It's his completely kooky foreign policy, plus his utter lack of any EFFECTIVE plan to get his (otherwise excellent) agenda enacted into law.
"Shun" is what people did to the lunatic UFO follower, not Paul.

I don't like his MidEast policy either, but how exactly would Congress stop him from enacting smaller government. All he needs to do is fire people, even if he can't officially delete offices on paper.

To be honest, i'd never really heard of Ron Paul until you people started on about him.

However, in terms of American foreign policy the chap has a lot going for him. In terms of domestic policies i disagree fundamentally, especially on abortion and the like, but then again i'm not an American voter and my opinion is irrelevant.

If you could come up with a candidate with a Ron Paul Style foreign policy initiative and a "normal" social policy (ie a live and let live policy on social mores) you may just hit the jackpot. Is it that difficult to tune into votes? Apparently, yes.

To be honest, i'd never really heard of Ron Paul until you people started on about him.

However, in terms of American foreign policy the chap has a lot going for him. In terms of domestic policies i disagree fundamentally, especially on abortion and the like, but then again i'm not an American voter and my opinion is irrelevant.

If you could come up with a candidate with a Ron Paul Style foreign policy initiative and a "normal" social policy (ie a live and let live policy on social mores) you may just hit the jackpot. Is it that difficult to tune into votes? Apparently, yes.

QFT

Back