The Washington Post said it had the Alito flag story 3 years ago and chose not to publish

Hume

Verified User

‘A SURPRISING ADMISSION’ FROM THE POST​

The Times, in its story that ran on May 16, said it had “recently obtained” photographs of the flag that flew outside of the Alito home. The Post, in its own story Saturday, said that it had been told of the story in January 2021 and investigated, choosing not to write about it because it appeared Alito’s wife was responsible and that it was not clear the neighborhood argument was over politics.

“It was a surprising admission from such a major news organization,” said Jesse Holland, associate dean of the School of Media and Public Affairs at George Washington University, and a former journalist who covered the Supreme Court for five years. “Very, very rarely do you have a major news organization say they likely would have made a different decision.”

Nowhere in the story, however, does the Post say that its decision more than three years ago was wrong, and a spokesperson on Tuesday declined to elaborate.

“It was a surprising admission from such a major news organization,” said Jesse Holland, associate dean of the School of Media and Public Affairs at George Washington University, and a former journalist who covered the Supreme Court for five years. “Very, very rarely do you have a major news organization say they likely would have made a different decision.”

Nowhere in the story, however, does the Post say that its decision more than three years ago was wrong, and a spokesperson on Tuesday declined to elaborate.

Poor editorial choice for sure. That the flag was put up by his wife doesn't explain how it was allowed to fly there for three days.

I suspect he is pretty close to his wife and is not oblivious to her beliefs and actions. It is likely that he knew about it and approved it.

I suspect he is pretty close to his wife and is not oblivious to her beliefs and actions. It is likely that he knew about it and approved it.
I think it's better he shows his treasonous colors than hides them. That's not the topic here, however.

Back