The Whore of Babylon ...

Jack

Verified User
People said that was Trump. I've heard that before, but I'm not real sure what it means. I think it has some kind of religious connotation. Maybe like Trump was Satan?
Are there any religious scholars here that could clear that up?

The whore of Babylon is not a person, it is a nation. Some scholars believe that the United States is the "whore"...

The Beast would be Satan.

Anyway, nobody thinks Trump is the Whore of Babylon, as he is not a nation.

Revelations Chapter 17:

9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he comes, he must continue a short space.
11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goes into perdition.
12 And the ten horns which thou saw are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
15 And he said unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.
18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigns over the kings of the earth.

People said that was Trump. I've heard that before, but I'm not real sure what it means. I think it has some kind of religious connotation. Maybe like Trump was Satan?
Rome, the Roman Empire, is the Whore of Babylon

No, Trump is The Whore That Babbles On. Close but not the same.

The whore of Babylon is not a person, it is a nation. Some scholars believe that the United States is the "whore"...

OK. Thanks. Many have pointed at Trump and muttered: "Whore of babylon".

Citing:
"The Whore of Babylon is the spirit of seductive culture, actively engaged in the deception and destruction of God’s people. That she rides upon “the beast” means she is propped up by the forces of anti-Christian government."
https://ca.thegospelcoalition.org/c...-the-whore-of-babylon-and-why-does-it-matter/

"Who Is The Whore Of Babylon? (And Why Does It Matter?)"

I've heard that.

"Just like the beast, who was, and is not and is about to rise, the “Whore” keeps on rising from the dead! A particular brand of her seductive charm may fall into the dust and be buried by the sands of time, but just you wait! Before you know it, she will rise again in another place, known by another name but waging the same destructive war against God’s covenant people."

^ smart lady.

I have also heard religious scholars say that whore of Babylon is a reference to imperial Rome, and that the Book of Revelation has to be read in the context of it's own historical period.

--->"But evil shall come upon you, which you will not know how to charm away; disaster shall fall upon you, for which you will not be able to atone; and ruin shall come upon you suddenly, of which you know nothing. (Isaiah 47:11 ESV)"

This sounds like what is/will happen to Trump.

iu

I met a whore in Cairo once.

How is your mom liking Illinois?

I'm surprised she didn't change her name to prevent you from finding her.

Due to the time period (circa 100AD), Revelations (the New Testaments Boogeyman Story) was probably referring to Rome which was still kicking ass at the time and would do so for another 200 years.

SPQR
https://www.vox.com/world/2018/6/19/17469176/roman-empire-maps-history-explained

Well, trump supporters may have humor but not when it comes to him. You and your mom must have some interesting conversations!

I am quite vocal about pompous people that ruin things I enjoy. If someone ever stays with me they will notice me flipping off the TV eventually. Either someone was on TV I can't stand or a video game froze.

I am quite vocal about pompous people that ruin things I enjoy. If someone ever stays with me they will notice me flipping off the TV eventually. Either someone was on TV I can't stand or a video game froze.

I agree with you about pompous, it's like fingers on a chalkboard.

MALAKA

You need to understand your symptoms and monitor them properly.
Where your anger begins. That's where you keep it.
Make sure not to redirect it elsewhere.
We don't want the problem getting worse.
We can give you medication and suppress the problem.
You don't want to stay on this long. It triggers weight gain
that can lead to diabetes. What did I do? ;)
One of those Greek bitches got too start choking on my Salami!
Otherwise the issue becomes worse. The problem is being neglected.
I, he, who did it for no reason? I'm a punk! I'm a troublemaker.
REMEMBER! This is I'm getting my deek sucked. If not the problem gets worse.
I can promise it's not going away until I get my deek sucked!

Frasier.jpg

Back