The world didn't end

• Thread starter Thread starter Guns Guns Guns
  • Start date Start date
G

Guns Guns Guns

Must be because of America's well-regulated militiamen and their guns.

The ultimate deterrent.

They saved the planet!

I bet those alien exterminators (or whatever they are) got a look at Billy's Kel-Tec and pissed their pink panties.

You can all thank me now for diverting that rogue planet.

I will probably have to pay a fin to teh Galactic Comission for doing it though.
Still not sure if humans are worth it.

Speaking of left behind, the Rapture did happen a while back.
The world just did not miss the 6 qualified persons that were taken.

I first learned about 12/21/2012 when I was 10 years old. My friend gavin came up to me on the school bus and we started talking about the year 2000, (the then accepted end of the world date) and he made a special point to remind me that if the apocalypse didn't happen in 2000, "not to worry" because we would get another shot at it in 12 years.

Ancient mayans, super advanced calendars, man that shit was interesting. I've always loved studying dead and ancient cultures. I was fascinated.

I was never one to believe in the end of the world stuff, but I was cognizant of this date for a very large portion of my life. It was a date so far away in the future, so untouchable, so unreachable. At random intervals in my life I would wonder where I would be, and what I would be doing on this very specific date in the future. Kinda like picturing what the world would be like in 2015, and how it would compare to "Back to the Futures" vision.

And now I've caught up.

The fact that I am alive and aware on a very specific day that for so much of my life I perceived as being "in the future," a day that mayans actively dwelled on thousands of years ago, I don't know, I've always liked stuff like that.

But now it's December 22nd, and the day I have thought about for so much of my life, the date that has been for so long out of my grasp - is now behind me.

And yesterday was very ordinary.

I first learned about 12/21/2012 when I was 10 years old. My friend gavin came up to me on the school bus and we started talking about the year 2000, (the then accepted end of the world date) and he made a special point to remind me that if the apocalypse didn't happen in 2000, "not to worry" because we would get another shot at it in 12 years.

Ancient mayans, super advanced calendars, man that shit was interesting. I've always loved studying dead and ancient cultures. I was fascinated.

I was never one to believe in the end of the world stuff, but I was cognizant of this date for a very large portion of my life. It was a date so far away in the future, so untouchable, so unreachable. At random intervals in my life I would wonder where I would be, and what I would be doing on this very specific date in the future. Kinda like picturing what the world would be like in 2015, and how it would compare to "Back to the Futures" vision.

And now I've caught up.

The fact that I am alive and aware on a very specific day that for so much of my life I perceived as being "in the future," a day that mayans actively dwelled on thousands of years ago, I don't know, I've always liked stuff like that.

But now it's December 22nd, and the day I have thought about for so much of my life, the date that has been for so long out of my grasp - is now behind me.

And yesterday was very ordinary.

remember this my rosy cheeked little guy.

when you are older you will notice that some of the most important days you will cherish will be what seemed like just ordinary days at the time.

I really enjoyed your post.

I too love acient cultures.

the stories of towns frozen in time covered in pumice from valcanoes has always been one of my favorites.

History and archeology are just fasinating subjects.

glad to see your compassionate side emerging a little

remember this my rosy cheeked little guy.

when you are older you will notice that some of the most important days you will cherish will be what seemed like just ordinary days at the time.

I really enjoyed your post.

I too love acient cultures.

the stories of towns frozen in time covered in pumice from valcanoes has always been one of my favorites.

History and archeology are just fasinating subjects.

glad to see your compassionate side emerging a little

im a very introspective person desh, when I want to be ...

Back