Theft by taxation

Canceled2

Banned
I bought a 2004 Prius after my beloved Montero gave up the ghost. I bought the car from some friends who are buying a new Prius.

I paid 6k for it. It has a 119000 miles on it. Private seller KBB is 5,200-6,400. Retail is 9,000. I took the transfer docucument into the DOL and they said because I only paid 6k for it they were bound by the "fair market value" to assess my tax rate at 9k. If I had lied and said I paid 7k for it they would have let me slide!

This is such a fucking rip-off! I was honest. I paid a reasonable "private seller" cost, but was told the governemnt must err for itself because people have cheated the system! I said I thought that was absurd. Since when does the government get to err for its own self interest against people in order to take their money? I paid 6k and should only be taxed at 6k! It cost me an additional 365.00! GRRRRRRRRR

To add insult to injury the damned car has been taxed by this state once already!

I am calling Tim Eyman a democrat...and believe it or not an anti big government anti tax democrat.

It's not really unfair if that's the system they use to price everyone equally.

The system to price everyone equally? Really, that's what you call forcing a person to give over a tax on money they never even spent? It's criminal and unconstitutional. Now there's a new slogan for governemnt. "I know you didn't spend that much but you still must pay 'cause we do this to everyone!" You do roll over pretty easy there dude...who needs to fleece a moron eh?

I have not given up. I paid because I also have to buy insurance which I cannot do if the car is not registered; quite the rock and the hard spot. I will however pursue any avenue available for redress.

I bought a 2004 Prius after my beloved Montero gave up the ghost. I bought the car from some friends who are buying a new Prius.

I paid 6k for it. It has a 119000 miles on it. Private seller KBB is 5,200-6,400. Retail is 9,000. I took the transfer docucument into the DOL and they said because I only paid 6k for it they were bound by the "fair market value" to assess my tax rate at 9k. If I had lied and said I paid 7k for it they would have let me slide!

This is such a fucking rip-off! I was honest. I paid a reasonable "private seller" cost, but was told the governemnt must err for itself because people have cheated the system! I said I thought that was absurd. Since when does the government get to err for its own self interest against people in order to take their money? I paid 6k and should only be taxed at 6k! It cost me an additional 365.00! GRRRRRRRRR

To add insult to injury the damned car has been taxed by this state once already!

I am calling Tim Eyman a democrat...and believe it or not an anti big government anti tax democrat.

Appeal. They did the same thing when I bought my house 13 years ago. The fair market value is what you paid for it, not what they say a similar car goes for. Your car is different than that car, possibly due to mileage, options, dents and dings and such. They never looked at your car, and are not trained appraisers.

I won my case and so should you.

Appeal. They did the same thing when I bought my house 13 years ago. The fair market value is what you paid for it, not what they say a similar car goes for. Your car is different than that car, possibly due to mileage, options, dents and dings and such. They never looked at your car, and are not trained appraisers.

I won my case and so should you.

"Fair market value is what you paid for it". Exactly! To tax you on 3k you never spent is theft pure and simple!

I will appeal it. The truth is I paid a Kelly Blue Book private seller price. Why? Because I bought it from a private seller. They say they have to go by retail...what frigging BS! Even so, what if I had bought it retail at the same price? That a government can tax a person on a value that they have not incurred is outrageous!

"Fair market value is what you paid for it". Exactly! To tax you on 3k you never spent is theft pure and simple!

I will appeal it. The truth is I paid a Kelly Blue Book private seller price. Why? Because I bought it from a private seller. They say they have to go by retail...what frigging BS! Even so, what if I had bought it retail at the same price? That a government can tax a person on a value that they have not incurred is outrageous!
I wouldn't mention the private seller issue. Just take some pictures of your car with a low-res camera and dirty lens, and claim poor condition, as listed in the book under retail. Also complain about noises and shit. The game is to hit them with their own policy then facts that they can't dispute without spending a lot of time.

I have a '64 TBird project car that the County is always trying to tell me is worth several thousand. I just send them a picture of it sitting in the corner of my garage with rust holes, missing parts and boxes stored on it, and tell them it doesn't run (the batteries old). ;)

I wouldn't mention the private seller issue. Just take some pictures of your car with a low-res camera and dirty lens, and claim poor condition, as listed in the book under retail. Also complain about noises and shit. The game is to hit them with their own policy then facts that they can't dispute without spending a lot of time.

I have a '64 TBird project car that the County is always trying to tell me is worth several thousand. I just send them a picture of it sitting in the corner of my garage with rust holes, missing parts and boxes stored on it, and tell them it doesn't run (the batteries old). ;)

So you lie to the government in order to get out of paying your fair share.

Just another typical Republican, breaking the rules when it suits him.

So do like a good conservatard and lie.

That's really going to work on Jesus.

Because it's not that you sinned that matters...it's that the Government didn't think to ask the right question.

Yeah...I can see Jesus buying that.
You don't know Him like I do then. Its not up to me to volunteer information. It is not only my right but my duty to pay the least taxes possible.

Back