There is no mandate for a an NRA shooting course

Cancel 2018. 3

<-- sched 2, MJ sched 1
as usual, howey lies again

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) -
First-graders would be required to take a gun safety course in school under a measure a Senate committee considered Tuesday that was introduced one day before the massacre at a Connecticut elementary school.

Sen. Dan Brown, R-Rolla, told the Senate General Laws Committee Tuesday that his bill was an effort to teach young children what to do if they come across an unsecured weapon.

Under his bill, the National Rifle Association's Eddie Eagle Gunsafe Program would be taught be a certified instructor in first grade classrooms across the state. The program is already being used in some schools, but it is not a state requirement.

"I hate mandates as much as anyone, but some concerns and conditions rise to the level of needing a mandate," Brown said.

Senators watched a brief segment of the training video during the hearing. The segment featured a cartoon eagle telling children to step away from an unsecured gun and immediately report it to an adult.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/20810336/bill-would-require-gun-safety-course-in-1st-grade

it is a safety video and instruction on what to do when they see a gun...not a shooting course

I'd rather require my first grader be required to take an NRA shooting course!

i see howey the coward would rather debate me in a thread he locked me out of than face me in a regular thread...lol

there is no mandate for an NRA shooting course howey. that is absolutely false. it is not a shooting course at all, rather to teach them awareness about guns and what to do if they come across a gun. please stop being so dishonest. thanks.

howey? i'm not afraid to debate this issue with you. but i see you're just going to cowardly and dishonestly move the goal post in your own thread. my thread is open to all.

Back